IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Updating to ASC 11 Pro has made my PC unusable.

Cold Coffee

As the title suggests, I upgraded my ASC 10 Pro to 11, after restarting my PC all sorts of problems started appearing. Wallpaper Engine crashes and fails to start, Firefox is completely busted it won't load any pages and crashes when I close it. Media players take 5 minutes to open a file and my start menu ignores key-presses.

If I run an ASC Scan it 100% crashes when it begins the "Internet Improvement" section.

I need this PC for work, so it looks like I'll be spending this weekend reinstalling Windows unless someone can help.

Ps. Running CMD in admin: "Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" didn't help.

As the title suggests, I upgraded my ASC 10 Pro to 11, after restarting my PC all sorts of problems started appearing. Wallpaper Engine crashes and fails to start, Firefox is completely busted it won't load any pages and crashes when I close it. Media players take 5 minutes to open a file and my start menu ignores key-presses.

If I run an ASC Scan it 100% crashes when it begins the "Internet Improvement" section.

I need this PC for work, so it looks like I'll be spending this weekend reinstalling Windows unless someone can help.

Ps. Running CMD in admin: "Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" didn't help.

Hi Cold Coffee,

Please help us look into the issue by providing us with more information below:

1.Please send us the relevant screenshots of the issue so that we can see it clearly.

Guide for taking screenshot: http://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

2.Please follow the steps below to provide us with the requested file for our further investigation.

1) Download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelper.exe

2) Double click to run this tool on the PC with problem and click 'Save report'.

3) After it finishes, you will get a popup window to tell you where the report file IObit_Debug_Info.zip is saved. Click 'OK' button to open that saved folder.

4) Send the zipped file to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Thanks.

Hi,

The link to the InfoHelper goes to a missing page (404).

I was able to save my PC by rolling back Windows 10 to the previous update. The only problem that persists is the one HDD is now disconnecting occasionally, so I'll check the cables. I don't really want to risk running ASC after finally getting things back.

The fact it would take 5 minutes for anything to open suggests a memory leak. I'll wait for both Windows and ASC to be in a more stable place before updating again.

Thanks.

Hi,

The link to the InfoHelper goes to a missing page (404).

I was able to save my PC by rolling back Windows 10 to the previous update. The only problem that persists is the one HDD is now disconnecting occasionally, so I'll check the cables. I don't really want to risk running ASC after finally getting things back.

The fact it would take 5 minutes for anything to open suggests a memory leak. I'll wait for both Windows and ASC to be in a more stable place before updating again.

Thanks.

Hi

So sorry for the mistake.

Please try this link again: http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelper.exe

The file is attached.

I still haven't run a scan since I rolled back windows.

Hi,

Please try to rename the ASCService.exe first. For example: ASCService.bak

(Right-click the shortcut of ASC and choose Open file location to find ASCService.exe.)

Then reboot your computer to see how it works.

Please try a system restore point if the first method fails to fix the issue.

Thanks.

Archived