IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC 9 Beta

Duane

Hi Duane, welcome to the IObit Forum! :-)

It is already there with more options during scan at the bottom left of the GUI with an empty checkbox to the left of ? Automatically repair ? and a downward arrow to choose the options.

Choose an option and check the box, ASC9 will act accordingly.

Cheers.

its supposed to be completely compatible with windows 10 got beta 9 downloaded and i have to say great work to the iobit team and all effected nine is very fast the best yet way to go to the whole iobit team ,i have one question though i have always been a bit hesitate to use deep scan for registry scan in any of the versions is anyone or has anyone had problems here with deep scan -please reply

Before using Deep Registry Scan and Repair, please be aware that ASC 9 is still in Beta phase and Windows 10 is too new to have experience.

I would wait quite a bit to use it to see if there are any bugs.

Generally most of the registry cleaned by deep scan is re-written, but there may be vital registries that shouldn't be deleted.

Personally, I wouldn't use Deep Registry Repair unless taking an image of the present situation of the Windows 10 OS.

Scanning without repair is not harmful and should give a lot of information about the deep scanned registry

Please read the advice of Moderator Scannan in many of his posts about the matter.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

ACS is a very nice system tool, looking forward to the release. I have one request for ASC v9, in the optimization area. It would be great if the tool tip popup had more information as to what specifically is being changed, the descriptions are rather vague. Instead of :

Optimize Hard disk performance to enhance R/W operations with a popup that says the same thing, the popup would elaborate on the configuration changes to registry or other config files that are being altered. My concern is that I have 3rd party apps that require specific configurations and i'd like to know that these changes aren't impacting them.

I think one security check disabled remote connection which is not something I wanted disabled and unfortunately had to find out the hard way when I could no longer connect to a remote PC I maintain.

Hi mmcguirenc,

Thanks for your feedback. You concerns will surely be considered in future updates. :-)

For the remote connection issue, please check the details of System Reinforce under Protect tab, turn off Remote Assistance Service and Remote Desktop Services, then reboot your computer to see whether the issue can be solved.

Thank you!, this is the second time I've missed an interface configuration. Granted this may be documented and for those that read the manual not an issue but I think the majority are a bit spoiled by interfaces that don't really require it for basic operation. The underlined details is not really indicative of additional configuration options since the interfaces uses those wonderful ON/OFF sliders for configuration. Perhaps it's as simple as changing details to Configure and highlighting the color to look like a hyperlink.

Thank you!, this is the second time I've missed an interface configuration. Granted this may be documented and for those that read the manual not an issue but I think the majority are a bit spoiled by interfaces that don't really require it for basic operation. The underlined details is not really indicative of additional configuration options since the interfaces uses those wonderful ON/OFF sliders for configuration. Perhaps it's as simple as changing details to Configure and highlighting the color to look like a hyperlink.

This actually sounds like it could be a good idea. Or maybe something along the lines that the first time you use the program you get a little notification telling you where the setting are, that way everyone would know without having to look

@ mmcguirenc, I think that is a good idea, too. Thumbs up I will forward it to our product manager.

Cheers!

Using 9 beta, very happy with performance but would like to ask. Every time I use it I am getting a warning message that a possibly malicious attempt is being made to change my DNS. I have clicked both allow and refuse and nothing untoward seems to happen.Is this connected with the beta9 version? It never happens at other times.

Hi Trubrit,

Welcome to IObit Forum.

Please take steps below to see whether the issue can be solved:

1. Download the demo from http://wikisend.com/download/218684/smBootTime.exe

2. Copy and paste it into the installation folder of ASC. To open the installation folder, please right click on the desktop icon of the program and choose Open file location.

3. Then exit ASC from system tray and relaunch it to see if the problem is solved.

Moreover, please download the tool from http://wikisend.com/download/421036/dnsGetinfo.exe, double click to run it, click Get button and send back us the file named dnsGetinfo.txt which will be saved on the desktop.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Cicely, Tried to download that Getinfo link but Chrome warns me it's a malicious site!

Chrome has some false positives, usually due to an adress that is very similiar to something but is a little different. Mainly well known sites that have others that resemble it can cause this.

Archived