IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC screen display size far too small

Bryan J

Hello, I've just bought a new fast HP Envy 64 bit notebook and renewed my Advanced SystemCare (Pro 9) subscription at the same time.

For some reason, ASC's screen size is running at about 2" x 3", (smaller than a business card) making it impossible to read. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling, as well as tweaking various settings and searching for solutions online without success. I've never come across a problem like this before with any software. Driver Booster and Uninstaller don't have the same problem and run at normal size.

Has anyone come across this problem or have any idea of a solution?

Hi Bryan,

Sorry for it. Please follow the steps below.

1.Right click the desktop shortcut of ASC to open its installation directory.

2.Find the file ASC.exe and delete it.

3.Download the file ASC_DPI.zip from the link https://www.dropbox.com/s/hicoe3qj0lt59ba/ASC_DPI.zip?dl=0

4.Unzip ASC_DPI.zip, find the new file ASC.exe and put it into the installation directory opened in step 1.

5.Run ASC to check whether the issue is solved or not. Please tell us the result.

6.Find the file ASC.Log in the installation directory, and send it to us.

Thanks.

Thanks very much, Cicely,

I followed your instructions but it still hasn't worked, although it is marginally larger - see screen captures.

This is what the ASC display log says:

2016-04-11 08:39:53.083 Win32MinorVersion: 2

2016-04-11 08:39:53.180 ********** TForm_ASC9.AdjustSize

2016-04-11 08:39:53.183 TForm_ASC9.AdjustSize DPI: 240

2016-04-11 08:39:53.186 TForm_ASC9.AdjustSize SW: 3200

2016-04-11 08:39:53.189 TForm_ASC9.AdjustSize SH: 1724

2016-04-11 08:39:53.192 TForm_ASC9.AdjustSize IsSystemRealDPIScaled is False

2016-04-11 08:39:53.195 TForm_ASC9.AdjustSize FAdjustSizeByDPI is True

Let me know if you need anything else to help you figure out the problem.

Thank you.

Bryan

Hello again

Although ASC has generally been restored to its normal size, I'm still getting small screens when I choose an action from the main window, such as in the attached screen capture where I selected System Reinforce/Details - but it also happens with other linked services.

I wonder if the Ultimate version would work better? Would I have to uninstall the current version to try it?

Unless you have further suggestions?

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

For your information and for anyone who has a similar problem:

I installed ASC Ultimate and it displays at normal size - and while I didn't really want the anti-virus element at least I have the other functions I wanted.

I've opened a ticket to ask how I can change the licence.

Thank you.

Bryan James

Archived