IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Programs stopped working after repair

ramirezi

I ran SystemCare Pro 9 like usual, I always want the little face to smile but this time, when it restarted my computer, I got a Chrome Error "The application was unable to start correctly 0x000007b." I got popup after popup of this error, it would not stop, so I searched google and tried to undo the changes through SystemCare Pro 9 using the rescue center.

I told it to rescue the registry and it kept saying it fixed it but it never did (even though medium face is back on the icon). I decided to do a system restore through windows and was able to restore my computer to the 12th, but I still cannot access Chrome and now my Start Menu program is giving errors as well. I don't know of additional errors at this point. How do I undo this?

The files with todays date are gone when I go back to rescue registry the last scan is gone but my files are still messed up. When I try to open Chrome now, nothing happens. I'm stuck with Internet Explorer. I hope this is posted in the right area, I see there's two Advanced System Care 9 forums. Do I do a System Restore through SystemCare or something?

edit: I also re-downloaded Chrome and reinstalled, that did nothing.

Hello ramirezi,

Sorry for the trouble you encountered.

First, we'd like to let you know that only registry related issues fixed by ASC can be restored from Rescue Center of ASC. Please follow the steps below to provide us with the requested file for our further investigation.

Download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelper.exe -> Double click to run this tool on the PC with problem and click 'Save report'. -> After it finishes, you will get a popup window to tell you where the report file IObit_Debug_Info.zip is saved. Click 'OK' button to open that saved folder. -> Send the zipped file to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

As you already did a system restore, we are not sure that we can get enough information to investigate the issue. But we will try our best to look into it.

Second, please try the solution in the link below to see if the problem is solved.

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-to-solve-error-message-%22the-application-was-unable-to-start-correctly-(0x000007b)-click-ok-to-close-the-application%22-1106.html

Best Regards.

Archived