IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Can't Undo Registry Changes

blueblah

I updated Java and removed an old version and updated Quicktime.

Then I ran Advanced System Care and hadn't run it from admin profile in awhile and it made many registry changes.

Now I can't boot to Windows Vista. It keeps going to Startup Repair but won't repair. Can do System Restore to get in Windows but when I reboot I get the Startup Repair loop again. Guess I need to go to ASC and undo the Oct. 21st registry changes but the System Restore points that work (let me boot to Windows) are dated before those and I don't see Oct. 21st in ASC. Can see a list of them in ASC log though if that helps.

I have a EaseUS Todo full backup on external drive and tried to restore it but it says I have to reboot so I try and get stuck on a black screen.

Hello blueblah,

We'd like to let you know that Advanced SystemCare can only works under admin privileges.

Can you boot your PC into Safe mode? Please turn on your computer, and press the F8 key repeatedly when the first screen appears to start your system into Safe mode.

If you can start your PC into safe mode, then please follow the steps below to rescue and check if the problem is fixed:

1. Open the Advanced SystemCare 9,

2. Click Options at the top left corner and choose Rescue Center

3. Select the Backup Date according to the date before the problem occurred

4. Click "Undo Changes" and check if the problem has been fixed and let us know.

Moreover, please follow the steps below to provide us with the requested file for our further investigation.

Download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelper.exe -> Double click to run this tool on the PC with problem and click 'Save report'. -> After it finishes, you will get a popup window to tell you where the report file IObit_Debug_Info.zip is saved. Click 'OK' button to open that saved folder. -> Send the zipped file to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Thanks in advance.

Archived