IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

How to restore Firefox settings after Internet Booster?

jrickym

• 4 weeks later...

Very Interesting Question

Hi - I'm brand new to this forum, but I joined to find out information about restoring my browser (also FireFox) since I cannot use several applications & or games I used before now that I have used ASC to 'boost' and optimize my pc.

The first time this happened, I was on my regular PC (Full Size Desk model). I 'fixed' the glitch by uninstalling ASC and restoring my pc to an earlier date. When I re-installed ASC, I started to use it without the game boosters etc. and my game functions came back.

For some reason, this doesn't work here on my laptop. Restore seemed to remove even the new programs and documents that were installed/used AFTER the Restore Date. (THAT was scary! LOL) I immediately deleted the restore and went back to the 'now' I had before I started. That at least got my documents and new programs back. (PHEW!)

My main/favorite two games on FaceBook STILL do not work though. They don't even load. Internet Explorer won't load either, only FireFox.

I saw your thread and realized that it may be something about my FireFox file that is involved too... I have no idea. I am going nuts with this newly installed Advanced System Care though and now cannot get my games to work like they did originally.

I look forward to hearing how YOU come out with the problems you are experiencing too.

All the best.

I had a similar issue with my firefox website icons that show up near the address bar. I had to go into help and restart with firefox addons disabled. I then chose the second to last option to restore firefox to default settings. I was able to retain my bookmarks but I backed them up just in case. You will then need to reconfigure your settings, such as re-installing a persona and changing your default homepage. I also uninstalled Advanced System Care 3 Free because I was experiencing some flash issues as a result of the Firefox optimization. Hopefully IObit will solve the issue soon because I really enjoyed the product except for this minor inconvenience.

Hope this helps!

Archived