IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Happy and UnHappy: ASC 3.7.3

dravekx

After using various system utilities, I came across ASC. After a long time of free usage, I was very impressed. The ease of use is amazing. The one-click option after arranging your settings is perfect.

To show my support, I purchased the special package deal with Game Booster, 360, and ASC Pro. (although I will never use Game Booster or 360 due to their horrible reviews and the compatibility problems they cause with various systems/software)

Lately, I have lost interest in the ASC program. After a while, it doesn't clean everything properly. It renders problems with Google Chrome (and Firefox at times), likes to delete the addons, and sometimes clears/cleans things that I specifically told it not to. Over time, my computer began getting slower and slower no matter how clean ASC Pro says it is. I went back to CCleaner and it recognized over 1500 junk files that ASC Pro said were not there. There were missed problems in the registry that ASC said did not exist. Other programs noted them. I actually added a few false entries in the registry for curiosity... all of which, ASC missed.

I'm not a professional programmer or utility designer. I'm a computer/electronics engineer who is currently in the web development/design business. I do like the product, despite the problematic downsides and kinks that need work. The uninstaller is probably the only tool worth giving an A+. The rest of the program(s) needs help.

Thanks for the work and the program IObit. If you are spending as much time on the ASC4 program as you are on the pretty interface, this program will be #1 around the world. (but so far, the ASC4 beta reviews looks like it should be re-written back into an Alpha release)

I don't plan to get a refund since I know my money is going towards the possibility of a great product... but for now, I'm going back to CCleaner.

Keep up the good work! Good luck and Thanks!

Archived