IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Delete option no longer working [Clean re-install FIXED]

jimrich

Hello:

I have used ASC v4 for a few days and am seeing remarkable improvements BUT, if I right click an item, the drop down menu does not always offer the "shredder" option, so I select "delete" in the drop down menu. The Delete box appears with a progress bar but it just gets stuck there and I am forced to restart the computer to get rid of it! I can move the item to a different folder and delete it there but what has happened to my good old "delete" option? Is this repairable? If so, how? Thank you, Jim :smile:

My O.S. is Win XP, home ed., sp3.

provide more information

Hello jimrich,

Please provide more details about the problem, it will help us look into it.

1.Please take a screenshot of the trouble you get.

2.when you encounter the problem, Please open the task manager and take a screenshot of it.

Guide for Taking Screen Shots:

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

Hi jimrich

I have to ask - have you selected the DOD 5220.22-M option in the settings?

In that case all deletions will take some time while the many overwrites of the deleted data will take a while.

In my Danish right click I have the option Makulator (Shredder), and it is displayed whether I want to shred a file or a folder.

Do you have Suc14_FileShredder.exe in the program folder?

Perhaps simply a Clean Install will fix your problem? :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hello:

I have used ASC v4 for a few days and am seeing remarkable improvements BUT, if I right click an item, the drop down menu does not always offer the "shredder" option, so I select "delete" in the drop down menu. The Delete box appears with a progress bar but it just gets stuck there and I am forced to restart the computer to get rid of it! I can move the item to a different folder and delete it there but what has happened to my good old "delete" option? Is this repairable? If so, how? Thank you, Jim :smile:

My O.S. is Win XP, home ed., sp3.

Archived