IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

start up screen brightness problems

rdwngr

They will never fix it because they don't know how. May be in version 9.01 but meanwhile it should help the blind guy in one of the threads I read. :mrgreen:

i know this should deserve some comeback but that last sentence was pretty funny! cough anyhow, it should be fixed in a few versions or so hopefully if they get enough of these reports.

• 1 month later...

I have found that this is caused by setting the brightness slider too high in user interface option. If you set it too bright then close program to tray, your whole screen remains bright. If you close the program from the tray, your settings go back to normal. This can be fixed by moving the brightness slider back to just above full left.

samr.

Great samr

This can also be accomplished by clicking "Recommended" to that setting

I'll probably use this post as a link in "Usage of IObit products"

Cheers

solbjerg

I have found that this is caused by setting the brightness slider too high in user interface option. If you set it too bright then close program to tray, your whole screen remains bright. If you close the program from the tray, your settings go back to normal. This can be fixed by moving the brightness slider back to just above full left.

samr.

Sunglasses on sale now

Hi rdwngr-Running Vista,right?Seems to be an issue there.Just for sh!&s and giggles,go to options from the main GUI,and select backup from the left menu,and see if the box for "create restore point at start up everyday" is checked.If so,uncheck it.Reasoning here is creating restore always causes major shifts in brightness.Now,because many have complained of brightness issues right from the first boot of ASC,and I don't believe that option is checked by default,this probably isn't the solution.As an XP user,I don't experience the problem,so I can't test that theory.But I don't recall the restore point option ever being looked at when we were chasing this problem around a few months back.So,give it a shot,can't hurt.For IObit:The problem still could somehow be related to the restore feature whether it's utilized or not.Perhaps deleting it from the utility(on your end for testing purposes)might reveal it's related to the problem.Other utilities that I run with restore point options enabled do not display this characteristic when creating the restore point.(Revo Uninstaller,QuickSys Reg Cleaner,and two other security apps.as well as creating your own through Win Sys Restore)Just fishing here,as this type of problem is way beyond my capabilities to troubleshoot or solve.

Archived