IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Suspicious.Cloud.9 virus/trojan from update.iobit.com/infofiles/liveupdate/download/BigUpgrade_IUASC.exe?

carlwhart

Suddenly today Norton Internet Security notified me that it was dealing with "Suspicious.Cloud.9", which apparently is a virus or trojan. It told me to restart, which I did, and I now am repeatedly told that the threat was succesfully dealt with. I don't know why I need to be told again and again, but great. What I can't figure out is that according to Norton Internet Security, this "Suspicious.Cloud.9" originated from IOBIT. Here is what it tells me:

Filename: bigupgrade_iuasc.exe

Threat name: Suspicious.Cloud.9Full Path: c:\program files (x86)\iobit\iobit uninstaller\bigupgrade_iuasc.exe

Threat type: Heuristic Virus. Detection of a threat based on malware heuristics.

bigupgrade_iuasc.exe Threat name: Suspicious.Cloud.9

Locate

Very Few Users

Fewer than 5 users in the Norton Community have used this file.

Very New

This file was released less than 1 week ago.

High

This file risk is high.

http://update.iobit.com/infofiles/liveupdate/download/BigUpgrade_IUASC.exe

Downloaded File bigupgrade_iuasc.exe Threat name: Suspicious.Cloud.9

from iobit.com

Source: External Media

File Actions

File: c:\program files (x86)\iobit\iobit uninstaller\ bigupgrade_iuasc.exe Blocked

File Thumbprint - SHA:

Not available

File Thumbprint - MD5:

Not available

Does anyone have a clue what this means? Is this a false positive or have I actually been infected by IOBIT? I am regularly nagged to upgrade to ASC 9. Could that have something to do with it? I'd sure appreciate some advice. Thanks

Hi carlwhart,

Recently Norton has falsely reported IObit products. We have contacted Norton for the false positive issue. They have replied that they have removed the false positive.

Please ensure that you are using the latest definition files available on Norton website: http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/defs.download.html

If the issue still continues, please temporarily turn off the antivirus feature of Norton and add the file to the whitelist of Norton manually.

Guidance for adding to whitelist of Norton: https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/kb20100222230832EN_EndUserProfile_en_us

We will again contact with them to figure this out. Your understanding is highly appreciated.:-)

Thanks for answering. My Norton definition files are definitely up to date. Since the IOBIT file causing the problem seems to relate to the uninstalled ASC 9 update and not my current version 8.4, which is working fine, I found the IOBIT file and simply deleted it. (Norton had already quarentined it.) If it somehow returns and the problem recurs, I'll do as you suggest regarding the Norton whitelist.

Archived