IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

crash *extremely urgent* :'(

garyl2013

This morning advanced systemcare poped up a message telling me my drivers are extremely old and asked me to update and reboot, I did and now my computer won't switch on!!(window 8), I can't go to f8, f10, f9safe mode or f12, I can only go to f2 (I don't know how to use f2) I have very work there that only completed the night before! !! :'( :'( help please? :( I posted a picture of what my screens showed using my phone, stressed like crazy :'( :'(

Hi garyl2013

Welcome to the forum.

While it is understandable that you are stressed, you must understand that we can only help you if you supply the necessary information. Panicking and shouting Urgent will not help.

You do not state in your post which type of pc you have, and you did not state it in your user profile.

Which version of ASC do you have. I have never heard of ASC popping up a message regarding drivers. Are you sure it was not Driver Booster which created the message.

If you can go to F2 it means that your pc booted as F2 is for changing folders.

Please calmly, explain in more detail exactly what happened. Also the details of your pc type.

I use an acer laptop, it was definitely driver booster because I googled it by my phone and I recognise the same logo, as for version I can't remember exactly but I think it was 6.1? What other detail do you need please let me know and please telle what I can do to fix this

You are giving conflicting information which is making it hard to assist you effectively.

You say that you cannot turn your pc on, which would mean it is completely dead.

Then you say you are told to reboot but it wont open.....what won't open?.....

We cannot read your images as they are too small. You need to upload larger images. The fact that you have images would indicate that your pc is starting/booting but not opening windows.

It really is important to be clear with the info.

Please read This article and see if the procedure will allow you to access safe mode. If it does then you can open Driver Booster and use the Driver Rollback facility to revert the drivers back to the older versions (before you updated) which worked.

Let us know if this works and then we can proceed further.

To clarify -

Apology for the confusion but It can be switched on but it won't load into window anymore after the reboot. And since I'm unable to go to window I cannot choose the start menu (which is step1 on the article you have provided), please let me know what opton do I have, many thanks.

To clarify -

Apology for the confusion but It can be switched on but it won't load into window anymore after the reboot. And since I'm unable to go to window I cannot choose the start menu (which is step1 on the article you have provided), please let me know what opton do I have, many thanks.

Hi gary,

Sorry for all troubles. Please insert the system repair disc to fix it. Refer to: http://www.wintips.org/how-to-use-system-repair-disc/

See if it works.

Dear Cicely ,

Thanks for your help ! At the moment I have 2 rescue discs - both window 8 but 1 for 32 bit and another for 64 bit , both downloaded because I didn't create a rescue disc beforehand.

I have not progressed to the next step yet because I don't know whether my laptop is 32 bit or 62 bit, will something bad happen if I try to use a 32 bit disc for a 64bit computer or vice versa?

Dear Scannan

Here are the images, thanks: http://www.tiikoni.com/tis/view/?id=2e86a6d , http://www.tiikoni.com/tis/view/?id=267268b

Hi garyi2013

Sorry for delay. I was waiting for Cicely to reply to you, as I did not want to confuse the issue.

Your CPU has a 64 bit instruction set so it is most likely 64bit. However a 32 bit windows OS could have been installed by seller. I cannot see any reason why you could not try the 64 bit recovery disc. You only want to be able to get into safe mode so that you can do a restore to a time before the drivers were updated.

No problem. I am trying to figure out why Cicely said to use the Rescue disc when there was no way of knowing if you even had a rescue disc.

Anyway.....you have to burn the iso file to disc. Insert your blank disc. Right click on the iso file and select burn to disc.

This article will help to guide you.

Hello it's Gary I lost my other account password somehow so I had to make a new account, anyway here are my updates:

I created a win8 rescue disc on my USB , followed all the instruction and rearrange my booting priority (basically moved all my USB drives onto the top) on F2 , I've tried both 64 bit and 32 bit, nothing seems to have changed... could it be that the files I downloaded are corrupted? but when I was installing the ISO onto my USB sing rufus , everything seems to look fine !!

Please let me know what should I do next? :(

I'm going to add in some screen caps in the next post.

PS: I suppose it's not the boot mode right? the default is UEFI mode , there are also dual mode and legacy mode (but I didn't touch them of course) .

I am afraid that I am very confused at the moment. If you are using a different computer, then why are you changing the boot priority. Changing the priority on a different computer will not help you with the broken one.

Why not just download the rescue version for a usb which will make everything simpler.

Archived