IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Please Clue me how to stop all iObit background programs

It seems no matter what I do I can never completely remove all ASC background programs. I have used settings to stop things. msconfig, Task Manager in Windows 10 to stop startups. I suspect this must be running in services. The latest is a pop up that says a new program is trying to add itself to startups. In fact, that program I have "allowed" to start up. But what gave iObit permission to add this to background services? Please tell me what is the thing that can get me to "O" tolerance of iObit background programs. You know if somehow they explained before hand I might be more tolerant or accepting. But I get angry that things add themselves that I have not asked for or given permission to run. On that I get rid of them just on the basis of how they "inserted" themselves into "MY" machine, regardless if they have merit or not. Thanks! If I can't find a way then the whole ASC is going off the grid. I don't like these things. Again, thanks! ":-\\

Hi Jackdashack,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

For the issue “a pop up that says a new program is trying to add itself to startups”, please follow the steps below to set ASC.

Run ASC -> click Startup Manager under Toolbox -> click the icon More in the top right corner of IObit Startup Manager to choose Settings… -> uncheck the options “Notification for boot time” and “Notification for startup item modification” -> click OK button.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n215869[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n215870[/ATTACH]

If you still want to stop ASC background process, you can end ASC.exe, ASCService.exe, and ASCTray.exe from Task Manager.

Have a great time.:-)

Archived