IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

False positives with Malwarebytes

I Regularly use ASC and iobit malware fighter, both great products.

Occaisionally i run Malwarebytes scan as a boot and braces operation; which i did today.

It reported 738 PUPs from Advanced System care - see attatchment.

Probably not some aggressive rivalry, but should be challenged nonetheless.

Hi Don X One-four,

We have explained the PUP issue made by Malwarebytes in our previous post . We have contacted MBAM to resolve this issue several days ago but failed to receive any response yet.

We will continue to contact Malwarebytes to remove this detection.

Hope get your understanding.

• 2 weeks later...

Cicely,

I thought that it would be of interest to you to read the eMail message exchange that I am having with a Malwarebytes Tech Support person. It follows:

Dan,

Read the following response to my message posted on the Malwarebytes blog. It proves that there are long-standing, and very knowledgeable, Malwarebytes customers out there who are of the same opinion as am I.
MBbetatesterlabrat said:
No words.

Just Unbelievable ...

Needless to say I'm in the same boat as all of you guys here. Has Malware Bytes totally lost it's common sense and mind ?? I could have easily written the topic myself. I have been using both Malware Bytes premium and Advanced System Care Ultimate Pro for years. Now all of a sudden Malware Bytes dares to put ASC Ultimate and UC browser mind you, which possibly could be one of the best browsers around in quarantine and delete automatically without asking ANY questions. I find this type of behavior just unacceptable. I have 2 freaking years left on my Malware Bytes premium account. I had to delete Malware Bytes off ALL my machines because of this pathetic problem.

So Advanced System Care is malware now. Oké but it's malware I need and been using for years on end and I consider this GREAT VIRUS more important than Malware Bytes to be honest. It keeps my system running smoothly. At least it does something for my computer unlike Malware Bytes giving me those annoying Pop ups all of the time. And you can close them if you want they just return ten fold !

Why doesn't Malware Bytes put itself in quarantine and delete itself because obviously a program that keeps giving unwanted popups like that and doesn't want to stop bothering you while working on your pc is malware itself. Not Advanced System Care ! This is just utterly ridiculous. INSANE. Great job and thanks MB ! Just let me know when the problem is fixed (which I highly doubt by the way) and if I can ever put the program back on (which I also very highly doubt) but for now this bull stuff is staying OFF ALL of my machines !

Nice rip off though ...

As I said, Dan, I am not alone.

Montana Bob

Dan,

I tried the "ignore these files method"
before I contacted you
AND IT DIDN'T WORK! Once I completed the aforementioned "ignore" process, a reinstall of AdvancedSystem Care resulted in Malwarebytes quarantining ASC again.

As for canceling my subscription to MWBs and AE, good grief, there are less than 60 days left until expiration, so there is no point in it. Secondly, maybe, just maybe, the powers-that-be at MWBs will wake up and cease this silly game of attacking competitors. One can always hope that sanity will prevail eventually.

Montana Bob

PS: Until this fiasco, I liked MWBs, installing on my machines and those of my clients, and recommending it to others.

-------- Original message --------

Date: 3/28/17 10:45 AM (GMT-07:00)

To: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Subject: RE:

Type your response ABOVE THIS LINE to reply

Bob Opitz

Subject:
FW: Serious Malwarebytes Problem--Reference #91891541: Your Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium subscription is expiring This message was sent to XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX in reference to Case #: 1271930.

MAR 28, 2017 | 09:45AM PDT

Dan
replied: Bob,

The email that I sent was a “we haven’t heard from you” email, and I apologize that the message was not conveyed clearly.

In the original email, I provided instructions on how to allow Malwarebytes and Advanced System Care to continue to operate together; was I not clear in identifying those instructions?

And since you have stated that you want to cancel your subscription to Anti-Malware and Anti-Exploit (as I show those two on file for you), would you like me to take care of that for you?

MAR 28, 2017 | 05:06PM PDT

Bob
replied: Dan,

Just happened to notice that you said that should I not request additional assistace from you, you'll consider the issue "solved". True enough, the issue is resolved but it is I that resolved it and I that accomplished it by uninstalling Malwarebytes. That, most certainly, is not a resolution. Resolution would be having Malwarebytes and AdvancedSystem Care co-exist successfully on the same computer, a situation which is presently impossible due to Malwarebytes rendering ASC inoperable the second that the computer is booted.

I trust that this clarifies the actual situation.

-------- Original message --------From: Malwarebytes Support <support@malwarebytes.com> Date: 3/27/17 11:04 AM (GMT-07:00) To: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX Subject:

MAR 27, 2017 | 11:44AM PDT

Bob

Issue is resolved by dumping Malwarebytes and reinstalling AdvancedSystem Care as I indicated previously. Needless to say, I will not be renewing my subscription to Malwarebytes until you've ceased your attacks on ASC causing its inability to function.

I should also mention that I've done the same to all of my clients computers. The phone was ringing off of the hook with complaints until I rectified the problems caused by Malwarebytes.

Bob

MAR 27, 2017 | 10:04AM PDT

Dan
replied: Hello Bob,

Just checking in – I wanted to see if your issue was resolved or if you need further assistance. If we do not hear back from you soon, we will assume your issue was resolved and does not require any additional assistance. The support request will then be marked as Solved.

Please reply and let us know, thanks.

*_Customer Success_

staff.png

MAR 23, 2017 | 01:10PM PDT

Dan
replied: Bob,

Thank you for your feedback; I’ll pass that on to my manager.

Is there anything else I can do for you?

MAR 23, 2017 | 11:54AM PDT

Bob

I thank you for your response.

I was forced into making a decision as to which program was more important and useful to me and my many clients on whose computers I have installed Malwarebytes and AndvancedSystem Care. ASC is, by far, the most important. As a result, I have uninstalled MWB from all.

I am due to renew MWB on most systems in two months or less. Needless to say that won't be happening until you have ceased targeting ASC, restoring MWB to it's previous settings, regarding ASC.

Reviewing just a few of the numerous blogs on MWB's attack on ASC reveals that I am certainly not alone in my reaction.

You are obviously in a protracted war with ASC which has dragged your customers into the battle. From what I gather from the blogs, this is a battle that you will lose.

Bob

On 3/23/2017 11:59 AM,
(mailto:support@malwarebytes.desk-mail.com) wrote:

MAR 23, 2017 | 10:59AM PDT

Dan
replied: Welcome to Malwarebytes support, my name is Dan and I’ll be assisting you today..

Our Research Team has been monitoring this application for some time and has decided to add detection based on triggers against our PUP detection criteria.

The detection is correct and not a false positive. We will continue monitoring this application and if we notice a change in the behavior we will review it again.

If for whatever reason you want to continue using Advanced SystemCare, you can simply uncheck the detections and click Next after a scan with MBAM, and the prompt will ask you if you want to “Ignore Once” or “Ignore Always”. If you Ignore Always it won’t be detected any more.

You may contact either
or
if you have concerns about this detection.

Thank you for contacting Malwarebytes, and please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Dan

Customer Success

staff.png

MAR 22, 2017 | 07:29AM PDT

MB

]

Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 2:52 PM

To: MB - Corporate Sales <SharedCorporateSales@malwarebytes.com>

Subject: Serious Malwarebytes Problem

Importance: High

I know that you are the sales team, but if you expect me to re-up on my subscription, then this very serious issue will have to corrected immediately.

As do many users, I run other security utils, one of the most important being Advanced System Care.

Malwarebytes auto-updated yesterday and immediately quarantined all Advanced System Care executables. I have restored them using Malwarebytes only to have them quarantined anew by Malwarebytes.

This is a serious issue that must be rectified immediately!

Please forward this message to your Tech Support team immediately, without delay.

One of my clients, on whose computer I have also installed Malwarebytes Pro and AdvancedSystem Care experienced the same issue, so my guess is that this problem is widespread.

Apparently this problem is extremely wide spread as the blog on your website is replete with complaints. I just registered for the blog and posted a message as well.

Ya better git on it, or you're going to loose a ton of subscribers. I just uninstalled MWBs in order to re-install AdvancedSystem Care which is far more important than MWBs. It also has an anti-malware utility.

Bob

MAR 22, 2017 | 07:28AM PDT

Original message

MB
wrote:

Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 1:28 PM

To: MB - Corporate Sales <SharedCorporateSales@malwarebytes.com>

Subject: Fwd: Serious Malwarebytes Problem--Reference #91891541: Your Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium subscription is expiring

Importance: High

I know that you are the sales team, but if you expect me to re-up on my subscription, then this very serious issue will have to corrected immediately.

As do many users, I run other security utils, one of the most important being Advanced System Care.

Malwarebytes auto-updated yesterday and immediately quarantined all Advanced System Care executables. I have restored them using Malwarebytes only to have them quarantined anew by Malwarebytes.

This is a serious issue that must be rectified immediately!

Please forward this message to your Tech Support team immediately, without delay.

One of my clients, on whose computer I have also installed Malwarebytes Pro and AdvancedSystem Care experienced the same issue, so my guess is that this problem is widespread.

Apparently this problem is extremely wide spread as the blog on your website is replete with complaints. I just registered for the blog and posted a message as well.

Ya better git on it, or you're going to loose a ton of subscribers. I just uninstalled MWBs in order to re-install AdvancedSystem Care which is far more important than MWBs. It also has an anti-malware utility.

Bob

On 3/20/2017 1:09 AM, cleverbridge / Malwarebytes wrote:

[Malwarebytes]<

[Account Alert - Renew your license today!]<

Your Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium corporate license will expire in 60 days.

Act now to ensure continued protection against malware

[Renew Now]<

Act today to continue your protection

Subscription Details

Name

Robert Xxxxxxxx

Reference #

Quantity:

Expires:

May 19 2017

MontanaBob

Hi MontanaBob,

Tons of thanks for your long-term trust in our program, which encourages us a lot. Our expert are still working on solving this issue.

Our expert are still working on solving this issue, we will surely keep you updated when this false positive get removed.

Thanks and best regard.

Archived