IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Boot Time Monitor Readings

Philip1749

I've recently purchased a new HP laptop with a solid state drive. It boots with lightning speed. I'm also using Advanced System Care 12 (free version). When the boot time displays in the lower-right hand corner of my desktop, it gives absurd readings, such as "3 minutes 12 seconds". With my old laptop which had an atom processor and was incredibly slow in loading the operating system at startup, the read was always around 42 seconds. It hardly ever varied. And I was using Advanced System Care 12 then too. As I stated, this new laptop computer I now have is displaying a boot time of anywhere from 1 minute and 30 seconds to 3 minutes and 12 seconds. and yet because of the Intel i3 processor and the solid state drive, the operating system which is Windows 10 loads incredibly faster than my old laptop did. It literally loads in seconds! I've tried disabling lots of services and items in the startup menu, but it has no effect. Can anyone offer a suggestion as to why this is happening, and what I can do about it? I like using the boot time monitor feature in Advanced System Care. But this seems ridiculous to me.

I might add that if I do a re-start on my laptop computer as opposed to a cold startup, the boot time is considerably shortened...to as little as 29 seconds. But on a cold startup, it can be as long as 3 minutes and 15 seconds, as computed and displayed in the boot time monitor. I can see no reason for why there should be such a huge difference in the boot time computations by Advanced System Care 12 in terms of a cold startup versus a restart after the computer operating system (Windows 10 Home Edition) is already up and running.

I might add that if I do a re-start on my laptop computer as opposed to a cold startup, the boot time is considerably shortened...to as little as 29 seconds. But on a cold startup, it can be as long as 3 minutes and 15 seconds, as computed and displayed in the boot time monitor. I can see no reason for why there should be such a huge difference in the boot time computations by Advanced System Care 12 in terms of a cold startup versus a restart after the computer operating system (Windows 10 Home Edition) is already up and running.

Hi,

Please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelper.exe. Then double click to run this tool on the PC with problem and click "Save report". After it finishes, you will get a pop up window to tell you where the report file IObit_Debug_Info.zip is saved. Click "OK" button to open that saved folder. Please send the zipped file to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...

Cicely, has any progress been made on the boot time monitor glitch I reported back on January 8th? I did send the results of the test demo as a zip file to "tickets@iobit.com" as you had instructed me to do. The thing that seemed most strange was the difference in the boot time of a cold start up of the computer operating system versus the boot time when doing a computer operating system restart.

Cicely, has any progress been made on the boot time monitor glitch I reported back on January 8th? I did send the results of the test demo as a zip file to "tickets@iobit.com" as you had instructed me to do. The thing that seemed most strange was the difference in the boot time of a cold start up of the computer operating system versus the boot time when doing a computer operating system restart.

Hi,

Please directly reply us by email and we will further follow up this by emails.

Thanks,

Hi,

Please directly reply us by email and we will further follow up this by emails.

Thanks,

Once Again, an issue which was raised here in the Forum, is being dealt with behind the scenes through emails.

Not only has the OP,s time been wasted by posting here on the Forum, but no other members will now benefit from the solution.

Iobit, appear to have completely lost the point of the Forum, and appear to be only interested in what they (Iobit) can gain

from members through feedback etc.... but ignoring the principle of the Forum, by supplying assistance to members, here.

Once Again, an issue which was raised here in the Forum, is being dealt with behind the scenes through emails.

Not only has the OP,s time been wasted by posting here on the Forum, but no other members will now benefit from the solution.

Iobit, appear to have completely lost the point of the Forum, and appear to be only interested in what they (Iobit) can gain

from members through feedback etc.... but ignoring the principle of the Forum, by supplying assistance to members, here.

Hi Scannan,

Our intention is to provide our users with the solution and update directly. And We will also further help the users solve the issue if they post the requested file here directly.

But Philip1749 has sent the log file to us by email (tickets@iobit.com) instead of posting it here.

There are many user feedback sent by emails and we could find the one sent by Philip1749 quickly if he replies to the original email.

Thanks,

Hi Scannan,

Our intention is to provide our users with the solution and update directly. And We will also further help the users solve the issue if they post the requested file here directly.

But Philip1749 has sent the log file to us by email (tickets@iobit.com) instead of posting it here.

There are many user feedback sent by emails and we could find the one sent by Philip1749 quickly if he replies to the original email.

Thanks,

Hi Cicely.

The reason why users are asked to send the files by email is because they are too large to post here. This is because the files generated exceed the size limit allowed by vBulletin, and the system

has never worked properly since vBulletin upgraded the Forum.

However, this should not prevent Iobit posting the solutions here, so that every user can benefit, by coming to the Forum, and remove the necessity for every User with

a similar issue from having to send files to Iobit via email.

This is why users come to the Forum.

@Scannan,

Highly appreciated your concern and continued help.

Usually, users could attach the requested file here successfully. If not, we will further help them to post it here.

We will consider more from the user perspective to post the solutions here directly and let more users benefit from our Forum.

Please feel free to offer us your suggestions to help us build a better forum.

Cheers,

Hi Cicely

Thank you for the prompt reply.

It is very easy to make the Forum great once again, and that is to simply return to the way things used to be done.

If you look back through the forum history around 2016/2017 you will see how active it was, because users could post their issues and receive realtime

assistance right here in the Forum, from other users/ Admin/Mods and Iobit.

Then Iobit stopped giving realtime assistance and adopted a policy of asking for Logs and diagnostics for every single issue.

Then the solutions would not be posted here in the Forum, so users lost faith and interest, and the Forum diminished.

So, return to offering realtime assistance for normal issues, by posting the solutions/recommendation here in the Forum.

You can still request logs and diagnostics as an additional assistance if you wish.

I look forward to seeing the Forum going from strength to strength once again.

Hi Cicely

Thank you for the prompt reply.

It is very easy to make the Forum great once again, and that is to simply return to the way things used to be done.

If you look back through the forum history around 2016/2017 you will see how active it was, because users could post their issues and receive realtime

assistance right here in the Forum, from other users/ Admin/Mods and Iobit.

Then Iobit stopped giving realtime assistance and adopted a policy of asking for Logs and diagnostics for every single issue.

Then the solutions would not be posted here in the Forum, so users lost faith and interest, and the Forum diminished.

So, return to offering realtime assistance for normal issues, by posting the solutions/recommendation here in the Forum.

You can still request logs and diagnostics as an additional assistance if you wish.

I look forward to seeing the Forum going from strength to strength once again.

Hi Scannan,

With you and other users/ Admin/Mods, our forum will become better and better.

Cheers,

Archived