IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Security Defense Problem

empmdk

I am using Advanced SystemCare Pro 3.2.0. I applied the security defense and had it immunize everything. But ever since then, some apps on my iPhone are no longer able to retrieve certain data from the internet on my wireless connection.

Is there any way to un-immunize anything so I can get it all working again?:sad:

Thanks

Hi empmdk-You can go back to security defense details and uncheck any boxes that you think are related to the functions that are no longer working.I suspect what you are looking for is under the Website Defense header.You may also access the Restore Center,highlight the date(of the immunization)and select "undo changes"

Hi empmdk,

I may have misunderstood you, but if your iPhone is connected to internet directly by wireless, how come ASC 3 can immunize your iPhone.

Are you using the PC for internet connection of iPhone? Is it iTunes that you are using as an intermediary software?

If so, then follow detailer's advices.

Cheers.

I rolled back to the first backup created but that didnt work. Would I have to restart the computer?

I could not find out how to do the first method you said. Didnt see any of that.

@enoskype:

I have the iphone connected to my wireless router. The router is getting a shared internet connection from the other ethernet port on my computer. iTunes is one of many that I cannot get to work. Others are Cydia, Installer, Installous, instant messaging apps, and possibly a few others I havent tried them all. It is also unable to download any new emails.. I am able to use the Safari web browser fine though.

empmdk, the first method is:

After scanninig, click on " No problems. " on the right of Security Defence. Details: Security Defence window will be opened. On the left pane, there are "Infection Defence", "Website Defence", and "Cookies Defence".

When you click on each of them, you will see the immunized items on the right pane.

Deselect the ones you think related to your problem and click Apply.

Please read this post about Security Defence

With your wireless connection cofiguration, (iPhone having different host IP than PC) I don't see any reason that Security Defence should cause any problems for your iPhone receiving data from internet. The above post about Security Defence openly describes that.

I would advice System Restore to an earlier time, and after that, please read the Usage of IObit Products thread in Lounge section for the fine details of usage of ASC 3. Specifically the System Optimization part and Registry deep cleaning part together with "Adding to ignore list".

Cheers.

Ok I will try this and get back to you with the results.

Oh and I forgot to mention, this PC is connected to a non-wireless router. Not sure if that matters since you say it has a different host IP from the computer.

I just decided to uninstall it. I couldn't get it to work out. I dont want to do a windows system restore cause then I would lose a lot of other things as well. It just blocked too many things even after loading the first backup and restarting. It began blocking almost all flash videos on websites.

I will try it again at another time, its a great piece of software but does a little too good on the security defense side, if u know what I mean :lol:

Hi empmdk,

It is your decision to uninstall it, but uninstalling will not revert you to the condition when you installed, scanned and repaired.

Deselect all the immunization,and repair again if your choise is that. (If you don't want that much immunization. ;-))

My advice is to system restore to just before your installation of ASC 3.

Cheers.

Uninstalling it got a lot of things working again, still iPhone problems though. Im going to reinstall it later and do the immunization thing again like u said and see if that fixes it.

Thanks for the help

Ok I reinstalled and tried scanning it all again and deselecting everything. That didnt work. I also cant do a system restore, I took that feature out of windows. Guess ill have to reinstall windows now to get it all back to normal...:shock:

Ok, I've fixed it. For some reason it was only blocking things that were on the shared connection of this computer. I was able to do everything normally on here, but every other computer/device on the shared ethernet port could only get to Google and nothing else.

I fixed it all by taking the shared connection off and then Bridging both ethernet ports. It all works great now.

Hi empmdk

It probably wanted to make the computer as secure as it could be, - and shared connections are frowned upon by security, - with fairly good reason I might add.

But these things is precisely why one has to look at the "problems" (details) and place the ones one need in the "Ignore list" !!

Glad you got it fixed!!

Cheers

solbjerg

Ok, I've fixed it. For some reason it was only blocking things that were on the shared connection of this computer. I was able to do everything normally on here, but every other computer/device on the shared ethernet port could only get to Google and nothing else.

I fixed it all by taking the shared connection off and then Bridging both ethernet ports. It all works great now.

Thank you for the feedback empmdk, It is nice to hear that your problem is solved. As far as I understand, the main reason was the "System Optimization", but not "Security Defence". Right?

We will note your solution and if anybody else has it, it will be very useful.

Thanks again and cheers.

EDIT. Sorry solbjerg, I did not see that you had posted.

It's fine, good to have a second opinion! :-) 太阳山

Thank you for the feedback empmdk, It is nice to hear that your problem is solved. As far as I understand, the main reason was the "System Optimization", but not "Security Defence". Right?

We will note your solution and if anybody else has it, it will be very useful.

Thanks again and cheers.

Yeah I think that was it. And your welcome :-o

Archived