IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Error Message when uninstalling

Hi, I am trying to uninstall to do a clean install of asc3.3.4. i get an error msg which tells me that "unins000.msg is missing. Please correct the problem or obtain a new copy of the program." I cannot proceed with the uninstall after that. When i attempted to install over the top, it seems to go ok, but when i open asc, i still show the old version. I attempted to the download and install again, saving to a different folder: ioBIT/ADVANCED SYSTEM CARE 3x. now i have two folders with ASC, should i just delete one of them.

How do i get past the error msg

How should i proceed

thanks

poppajeff

Hi jeff

:-) several posts in fact :-)

I think that perhaps we ought to have a permanent thread for these posts. (for McAfee users only :-) )

Would be easier to find then and refer to.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi i just read more posts on the forum and see that my prob is discussed in an post earlier. i will follow those instructions and repost.

thanks

poppajeff

still no success

Hi

I read Solbjerg's post on what I thought was the same prob, now I'm not sure it is. I copied/pasted the missing file into the ASC folder. then when i attempted to uninstall, i got the msg attached.

I still cannot uninstall the old version or install the new.

Any help is of course greatly appreciated.

poppajeff

Hi jeff

Did you unpack the zipped file? Open the folder and then copy the content? And then paste it in the ASC folder. (that works by me!!)

Try doing the install in safe mode in safe mode - has helped others.

By the way there are a lot of posts about this, try reading them all and find one you think applies to you!!

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi

I read Solbjerg's post on what I thought was the same prob, now I'm not sure it is. I copied/pasted the missing file into the ASC folder. then when i attempted to uninstall, i got the msg attached.

I still cannot uninstall the old version or install the new.

Any help is of course greatly appreciated.

poppajeff

Archived