IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Security Defense

bizzylina

Hi bizzylina,

Here is description of security defense from Iobit FAQ:

Advanced WindowsCare "Security Defense" can prevent the installation of ActiveX-based spyware, adware, browser hijackers, dialers, and other potentially unwanted pests; Block spyware/tracking cookies in Internet Browsers; Restrict the actions of potentially dangerous sites in Internet Explorer. "Security Defense" is a "Prevent" function ensuring no known malignant codes can install onto your PC without warning while you are on the Internet. The database for "Security Defense" will be updated often. Please make sure your Advanced WindowsCare is always updated for maximum security. .

samr.

• 3 weeks later...

So how is "immunization" actually performed? I'm very hesitant to make any changes to my system when I don't understand what's going on. Seems like a great feature, and I'd love to make use of it, but without understanding what's going on, there no way I'm going to use it. Please enlighten us. :smile:

insaneus,

Security Defense does not change your system.

I believe samr has explained it very well.

If you are not satisfied, addition to samr's explanations, try this.

1)

Go to Internet Options.

Click the Security tab.

Click Restricted sites.

Click Sites.

Read the explanation.

Your computer is immunized to Web sites added to this zone.

2)

Go to Internet Options.

Click the Privacy tab.

Click Sites.

Read the explanation.

Your computer is immunized to cookies which are Always Blocked.

AWC Security Defense does the above for immunization automatically and also prevents malicious Active X content, renewing it with the updated database.

If you are still not satisfied to use Security Defense, you can write to IObit and ask it.

Cheers.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks people. Those are good replies to a good question.

I have one more clarification I would like to ask about.

Under the Security Defense item, there is a link Show details. If I click on that link a window opens up with several hundred items listed. Am I correct in assuming that these are the particular Security Items that my computer is being defended against? They all default to a check in the checkbox.

And I suppose that if I wanted to be unprotected to one or another of those items, I would uncheck the checkbox beside it?

And one more: Why are so many of them listed multiple times?

Thanks very much for your help.

hi

there are about 30000 items there, and i suppose that those you see as the same item, can have a slightly different address, even though they come from the same site.

If you want to allow one you just uncheck it, but it will then be shown as a problem next time you run the check. You can though put it in the ignore list, but why if it is a malware?

greetings

Archived