IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

How to find my Bandwidth?

Mike406

Hi Mike

If you do not know what connection speed you are paying your service provider for, you can for example check it here:

http://www.speedtest.net/

Cheers

solbjerg

I don't know what is correct, depending on what server I choose, I can get up to 20+ megabits, where some servers I only get 6 for my download speed. How am I supposed to get my bandwidth from that?

-Mike

Hi Mike

What does it say on your bill that you pay for?

What does the function automatically choose?

enoskype has written several informative posts about this - try finding those with the search function

This one for example:

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=3789&highlight=connection

Cheers

solbjerg

I don't know what is correct, depending on what server I choose, I can get up to 20+ megabits, where some servers I only get 6 for my download speed. How am I supposed to get my bandwidth from that?

-Mike

Thanks solbjerg, I think the best bet for to know the correct broadband speed is to ask the ISP provider the maximum allowable download speed which they made the deal with Mike406.

For all the adjustments in Internet Optimizer, one should know the real max. allowable download speed.

It can be found in the ADSL router by directly making a connection to its IP address, usually 192.168.1.1, using the Admin. name and password.

Cheers.

Hi Mike

Bandwidth is usually measured in bits per second (Kbps-Mbps or Gbps)

If you want to "translate"/approximate that into bytes it is customary to divide the bits by 8 to get the bytes.

Cheers

solbjerg

Ok, I called them and figured out that my max download speed possible is 22 megaBITS per second. So for the Internet Booster, are the choices in megaBITS or megaBYTES?

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Mike

Bandwidth is usually measured in bits per second (Kbps-Mbps or Gbps)

If you want to "translate"/approximate that into bytes it is customary to divide the bits by 8 to get the bytes.

Cheers

solbjerg

Ok, I know how to convert them, but what I'm wondering does the Internet Booster ask for your bandwidth in bytes or bits?

-Mike

OK Mike406,

Do you know your type of connection? (PPPoE, Cable, etc.)

First use the Automatic optimization, it will give an idea of the RWIN value.

Follow the prosedure described in the given link below for speednet, and paste the result here.

Since you decided to use Expert Mode, I would advice you to read the whole optimize internet connection thread.

If you have questions, then please ask here, in this thread.

If you want an answer to your question, then try 10Mbps first, and then 50Mbps and compare the speeds you get to decide.

Cheers.

OK Mike406,

Do you know your type of connection? (PPPoE, Cable, etc.)

First use the Automatic optimization, it will give an idea of the RWIN value.

Follow the prosedure described in the given link below for speednet, and paste the result here.

Since you decided to use Expert Mode, I would advice you to read the whole optimize internet connection thread.

If you have questions, then please ask here, in this thread.

If you want an answer to your question, then try 10Mbps first, and then 50Mbps and compare the speeds you get to decide.

Cheers.

Nope, I don't want to use Expert Mode, I just want to go with the Auto Optimization only. I'll try the 10 first then move up a notch.

Thanks,

Mike

OK Mike406,

I made a mistake of assuming you have chosen the Expert Mode, as I forgot that even in automatic optimization option, there is a slide to choose the bandwidth. It has been quite long that I have not used that option. :oops:

FYI, you may still need to adjust your RWIN & TTL values for a better optimization though!

Cheers.

OK Mike406,

I made a mistake of assuming you have chosen the Expert Mode, as I forgot that even in automatic optimization option, there is a slide to choose the bandwidth. It has been quite long that I have not used that option. :oops:

FYI, you may still need to adjust your RWIN & TTL values for a better optimization though!

Cheers.

How do I adjust those?

Did you try the link I have given in my post #13 in this thread?

Cheers.

I looked at your post and, I have Vista not XP, so I don't think that applies to me, also in Expert Mode, there is no General or Advanced tabs, just Network, Browser, Content, and Other as tabs. Plus TCP/IP Settings is grayed out, I can only change Firefox settings.

-Mike

• 6 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi all.

You can find nice and quick tutorials on youtube on how to setup internet booster.

Also a lot of people gets confused by Mb/ps and MB/s.

Effective data transfer is expressed in MB/s(Megabytes).

When you have i.e. 20 Mb/ps(Megabite) link with ISP, your effective download should be somewhere around 2.5 MB/s .

If it`s not and you are paying for it, check again from different sources, and contact your ISP. 8:)

https://www.gbmb.org/mbps-to-mbs

Cheers vbsmile.png

Archived