IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

disk check report?

Lfitz

Hi Lfitz,

When chkdsk runs at boot time or from the Recovery Console, it creates C:\bootex.log file.

However you will only see this file if boot-time chkdsk is interrupted or when you are using the Recovery Console chkdsk.

When Windows next boots, it copies any C:\bootex.log file to an entry in the Application Event log, titled "WINLOGON".

The bootex.log file is then deleted.

Event Viewer is the place to look for "WINLOGON", so look for entries with Winlogon listed as the source of the entry at time of the Start of Windows.

Click Start =>click Run => type eventvwr.msc /s => Hit Enter => Event Viewer => click Application => doublle-click Winlogon

You can also save result of DOS commands to text files as below:

chkdsk /f C: > C:\Report.txt

It works only if chkdsk is used without a parameter in the Command Prompt window.

Otherwise you will be in blank screen and there are no processing.

Press CTRL+C to cancel the command.

Cheers.

Winlogon

Hi Lfitz,

When chkdsk runs at boot time or from the Recovery Console, it creates C:\bootex.log file.

However you will only see this file if boot-time chkdsk is interrupted or when you are using the Recovery Console chkdsk.

When Windows next boots, it copies any C:\bootex.log file to an entry in the Application Event log, titled "WINLOGON".

The bootex.log file is then deleted.

Event Viewer is the place to look for "WINLOGON", so look for entries with Winlogon listed as the source of the entry at time of the Start of Windows.

Click Start =>click Run => type eventvwr.msc /s => Hit Enter => Event Viewer => click Application => doublle-click Winlogon

You can also save result of DOS commands to text files as below:

chkdsk /f C: > C:\Report.txt

It works only if chkdsk is used without a parameter in the Command Prompt window.

Otherwise you will be in blank screen and there are no processing.

Press CTRL+C to cancel the command.

Cheers.

Hi enoskype. Hope you don't mind my 2 cents. You were very right to shut down that thread. That's all I have to say about that. This is another way to get to WINLOGON. I hope you don't mind. You know how I love my attachments LOL.

Thank you garybear, very good indeed.

I will give link in Usage of IObit Products thread to your attachments.

One another way is as below:

Right-click My Computer icon=>click Manage=>double-click Event Viewer=>double-click Application=>doble-click Winlogon

Cheers.

Archived