X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got an email from IOBIT "Support Team."

They were no help at all.

Comment

i am having the exact same problem as you. it used to work but when i upgraded to the new version it always stalls on sytem optimisation. also an added annoyance is that ever since i upgraded to windows 7 the autocare feature doesnt work either. it used tow ork all the time on vista. now it never does any auto care when system is idle. how about you? does auto care work for you?

Comment

GOT IT TO INSTALL AND WORK CORRECTLY

Ok I'm not one to ever be satisfied with a work around. So I just kept at this issue. I think we still need a update from IObit, and I hope this works for you as well.

I'm on Windows 7 64bit so here were the steps I took.

Uninstall ASC3

Navigate here and delete the Advanced SystemCare Directory

C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit

Go to Control Panel select Folder Options. Select the View Tab, select show
        hidden files and folders.

Now Navigate here, dont forget to substitute your User name. Once again
        delete the Advanced SystemCare Folder

C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\IObit

There is no need to run a reg scan or try to edit the registry by hand, IObit has done an excellent job of removing the registry entries related to the software.

Now go to the asc-setup-pro.exe and right click on it. Select Run as Administrator

Go through the normal install and the app should work correctly. At least it did for me.

Good luck to you all and I hope this works for you as well.

Comment

Hi Phalin
          Fine explanation!! Thank you!
          Have added a link to your post 3 places in Usage of IObit Products
          Thank you very much - many will I am sure in the time to come
          Cheers
          solbjerg

Originally posted by Phalin View Post

Ok I'm not one to ever be satisfied with a work around. So I just kept at this issue. I think we still need a update from IObit, and I hope this works for you as well.

Uninstall ASC3

There is no need to run a reg scan or try to edit the registry by hand, IObit has done an excellent job of removing the registry entries related to the software.

Now go to the asc-setup-pro.exe and right click on it. Select Run as Administrator

Go through the normal install and the app should work correctly. At least it did for me.

太阳山 (solbjerg)
          Ceterum censeo Usage of IObit Products esse legendum
          (Furthermore I think that Usage of IObit Products must be read)
          Itemized subjects Table of content
          In relation to defragmentation Think about defragmentation
          Clean Install concept Clean Install
          Introduction to the Forum Forum Guidelines

Comment

Thanks a lot Phalin. this solved the problem for me too. well done.

Comment

I too was having the same problems,came here to see If anyone else was having the same problems,glad I did,Thanks to Phalin,worked a treat that,no problems,just make sure to make a note of your licence details before doing It.
              Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
              Last edited by richie1913; Nov. 10th, 2009, 16:56. Reason: O/S Info.

Comment

Uninstall ASC3

Thank you Phalin. It did work. I think the key was deleting the AppData\Roaming file.
                I think you should go on their staff as tech support and get paid for your work.
                Let's see if their "Support Team" (who has been emailing me once a day asking what version I'm using) reads your post and just cuts and paste your SOLUTION to me. LOL

Have a good day Phalin knowing you anonymously helped many people by your selfless knowledge.

Steve

Comment

Thanks for your kind words. I'm pleased its working for you all as well.

I apologize for leaving out the copy of the license, I always make a copy and keep it with my install file so it slipped my mind.

Comment

Thank you Phalin for the solution and the clear explanation, and thanks to solbjerg giving a link to your post in the Usage Of IObit Products.
                    Agilitysteve, I am happy that your problem is solved.

Cheers.
                    enoskype

- Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and belongs to the man who can appreciate it. -

Comment

I just got an email from iObit "Support Team."
                      They said, and I quote, " The problem lies in our server is busy. Please retry to download it later."

I guess they don't know about the AppData\Roaming File either.

Steve

Comment

Thanks for the info. I just upgraded too, and am having the same issue. Yet this fix didn't work for me. The only difference is, I'm using the free version. Any other ideas? I've been considering upgrading for quite some time. Is it really worth paying for? The free version seems great, but should I upgrade to fix this problem?

Comment

Originally posted by angelxero View Post
                          Thanks for the info. I just upgraded too, and am having the same issue. Yet this fix didn't work for me. The only difference is, I'm using the free version. Any other ideas? I've been considering upgrading for quite some time. Is it really worth paying for? The free version seems great, but should I upgrade to fix this problem?
                          Don't write to them asking for help because their "Support Team" is worthless.
                          I doubt if by upgrading you will solve the problem. I'm lucky I didn't have the "hang up" on the free version.
                          I'm surprised that deleting the file from AppData\Roaming didn't work for you as it did for everyone else.

Good luck.

Comment

Hi angelxero,

Please try a clean uninstall and install as described in the USAGE of IOBIT PRODUCTS thread, and don't forget to delete the concerned folder explained above.

A screenshot of the prblem will be helpful if it is not solved.

Cheers.
                            enoskype

- Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and belongs to the man who can appreciate it. -

Comment

Originally posted by enoskype View Post
                              Hi angelxero,

Please try a clean uninstall and install as described in the USAGE of IOBIT PRODUCTS thread, and don't forget to delete the concerned folder explained above.

A screenshot of the prblem will be helpful if it is not solved.

Cheers.
                              Ok, so I did it... again, though this time I downloaded and ran Wise Registry Cleaner 4 after deleting the IOBit folders. Restarted computer. Reinstalled ASC 3. Still same problems... only the program is acting even weirder. My problems are pretty much exactly as what everyone else described... system optimization not doing anything, arrow in the wrong place, word "scanning" in the wrong position... The second screenshot is... well, you'll see. I don't know what else to say about it...

Last edited by angelxero; Nov. 12th, 2009, 04:26.

Comment

Uninstall ASC3

I tried this, still hangs on mine.

Comment

Working...
                                X