IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC Pro System Optimization still hangs up

agilitysteve

I read enoskype's post about changing settings to System Optimization menu to Basic or Daily Use ... I have tried both settings and it still hangs. Any other suggestions?

Maintain Windows functions (Spyware, Registry etc.) work fine. The little progress clock spins and progress bar is ok.

Diagnose System Security Defense, Disk Fragment and Security Analyzer work fine if I UNcheck System Optimization. So ONLY System Optimization is the problem.

NEW INSTALL of Advanced SystemCare Pro 3.4 TODAY. Windows 7, Core i7, 12GB RAM

Any help is appreciated.

Steve

Sorry to repeat the question, but the images I have pointed out is the example of the bug. Is yours is exactly same as in the image or not? ei.,the arrow in the wrong place. (Flashing above, instead of flashing in the correct place.)

Can you give a similar screenshot?

Cheers.

Sorry to repeat the question, but the images I have pointed out is the example of the bug. Is yours is exactly same as in the image or not? ei.,the arrow in the wrong place. (Flashing above, instead of flashing in the correct place.)

Can you give a similar screenshot?

Cheers.

Yes, the flashing arrow is ABOVE the word Functions and the word Scanning is slightly elevated as well.

Sorry to ask a silly question, but have you Applied the change I advised for the bug solution, it should work.

That is to say, when you open the Options, the dropdown menu of system optimization is NOT empty.

Cheers.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2399&d=1257643066

Sorry to ask a silly question, but have you Applied the change I advised for the bug solution, it should work.

That is to say, when you open the Options, the dropdown menu of system optimization is NOT empty.

Cheers.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2399&d=1257643066

If you mean click Diagnose System,

then SETTINGS,

Then Computer Optimization on right side AND Computer Optimization. Yes, I have tried ever possible configuration. Nothing works.

I don't see anything called Options. Where is that? Or do you mean Settings?

If you mean click Diagnose System,

then SETTINGS,

Then Computer Optimization on right side AND Computer Optimization. Yes, I have tried ever possible configuration. Nothing works.

I don't see anything called Options. Where is that? Or do you mean Settings?

There is Options on top right of the main black User Interface. When you click it, the Options window in the image opens.

Click on System Optimization on the left pane.

You will see the image as above.

Go to Computer Optimization on the right, and click the arrow on the right, you will see options, of which, one is Daily Use (Home User), choose it.

Go to Network Optimization and if you have DSL, choose it too.

Click the Apply button and then OK button.

That's it.

Go and try to Scan again.

Cheers.

There is Options on top right of the main black User Interface. When you click it, the Options window in the image opens.

Click on System Optimization on the left pane.

You will see the image as above.

Go to Computer Optimization on the right, and click the arrow on the right, you will see options, of which, one is Daily Use (Home User), choose it.

Go to Network Optimization and if you have DSL, choose it too.

Click the Apply button and then OK button.

That's it.

Go and try to Scan again.

Cheers.

Well thank you enoskype but I did as you suggested and no change. Flashing Blue arrow is above Functions box and the word Scanning is slightly elevated from it's normal position in Maintain Windows scan - Registry Fix, Privacy, Junk where the word Scanning is exactly even with it's preceeding word.

I fell like I bought a defective product. :cry:

Hi agilitysteve,

I had a message from enoskype-his power is down at the moment and can't type well from his phone. I'm sure he will post back later.

One question: did you try a clean install?

(Make copy of license code & user name first, you may need it).

Shut down from the tray first.

You could try un-installing with Revo uninstaller to remove leftovers:

http://www.revouninstaller.com/

Restart & remove ASC program file. Remove any other leftover entries with a cleaner such as the registry cleaner in ccleaner:

http://www.ccleaner.com/

Re-install & check to see if you need to enter license code to activate Pro version.

Check Optimization settings.

If this does not work, with Pro version you can contact Iobit for free support:

http://www.iobit.com/contact.html

I am sure enoskype will be back with you when he can. I hope this helps.

samr.

Hi agilitysteve,

I had a message from enoskype-his power is down at the moment and can't type well from his phone. I'm sure he will post back later.

Restart & remove ASC program file. Remove any other leftover entries with a cleaner such as the registry cleaner in ccleaner:

Re-install & check to see if you need to enter license code to activate Pro version.

samr.

Thanks samr

Good idea. I'll delete, cclean and re-install.

and get back to you.

Steve

May be of help

Un-install and re-install did not work. Same problem - everything works except System Optimization. (and of course that was one of the deciding factors in buying the program)

Steve

I am not sure that the following is relevant for this situation but I will mention it just in case it helps and so that others can know as well.

If someone uses Commodo Protection+ or any other HIPS (Host-based Intrusion Prevention System) security product and is trying to do a full un-install then re-install, I offer the following advice

I use Commodo CIS, this is a combination Anti-Virus, Firewall and Protection+

Protection+ is HIPS security so I must 'Allow' various changes (to Registry etc) some software wants to make.

Protection+ will also protect these changes from attack by malware/trojan etc

From my experience it seems Commodo Protection+ sometimes 'protects' at least part of the software when I un-install it, even when I use RevoUninstaller. This means bits and pieces are left like Registry items etc.

I have found that before un-installing software it is best to launch Commodo CIS and go to Protection+.

I then remove the software from the 'Computer Security Policy' list

I also remove it from the Firewall "Network Security Policy' list

I then use Revo Uninstaller to uninstall the software.

If you use another HIPS security product follow the instructions in the user manual to remove/unlock the HIPS protection from the software.

Hope this helps :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

Hi agilitysteve

In addition to samr, also check if the program folder has been removed after your Revo uninstall.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi agilitysteve,

samr.

i am having the exact same problem as you. it used to work but when i upgraded to the new version it always stalls on sytem optimisation. also an added annoyance is that ever since i upgraded to windows 7 the autocare feature doesnt work either. it used tow ork all the time on vista. now it never does any auto care when system is idle. how about you? does auto care work for you?

GOT IT TO INSTALL AND WORK CORRECTLY

Ok I'm not one to ever be satisfied with a work around. So I just kept at this issue. I think we still need a update from IObit, and I hope this works for you as well.

I'm on Windows 7 64bit so here were the steps I took.

Uninstall ASC3

Navigate here and delete the Advanced SystemCare Directory

C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit

Go to Control Panel select Folder Options. Select the View Tab, select show

hidden files and folders.

Now Navigate here, dont forget to substitute your User name. Once again

delete the Advanced SystemCare Folder

C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\IObit

There is no need to run a reg scan or try to edit the registry by hand, IObit has done an excellent job of removing the registry entries related to the software.

Now go to the asc-setup-pro.exe and right click on it. Select Run as Administrator

Go through the normal install and the app should work correctly. At least it did for me.

Good luck to you all and I hope this works for you as well.

Hi Phalin

Fine explanation!! Thank you!

Have added a link to your post 3 places in Usage of IObit Products

Thank you very much - many will I am sure in the time to come :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Ok I'm not one to ever be satisfied with a work around. So I just kept at this issue. I think we still need a update from IObit, and I hope this works for you as well.

Uninstall ASC3

There is no need to run a reg scan or try to edit the registry by hand, IObit has done an excellent job of removing the registry entries related to the software.

Now go to the asc-setup-pro.exe and right click on it. Select Run as Administrator

Go through the normal install and the app should work correctly. At least it did for me.

Uninstall ASC3

Thank you Phalin. It did work. I think the key was deleting the AppData\Roaming file.

I think you should go on their staff as tech support and get paid for your work.

Let's see if their "Support Team" (who has been emailing me once a day asking what version I'm using) reads your post and just cuts and paste your SOLUTION to me. LOL

Have a good day Phalin knowing you anonymously helped many people by your selfless knowledge.

Steve

Archived