IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Possible Yahoo Messenger issue

afirkowski

Since I installed ASC, I believe I have been having issues with Yahoo Messenger. Messenger is not recognizing Yahoo plug-ins. Profile images of not just me but all my contacts are no longer showing up. Profile information is also not showing up for anyone.

I am also getting errors for other Yahoo plug-ins inside of Messenger.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Andrew

Hi afirkowski

I left a response in your first message about this problem.

Do you want it here or there?

Cheers

solbjerg

Since I installed ASC, I believe I have been having issues with Yahoo Messenger. Messenger is not recognizing Yahoo plug-ins. Profile images of not just me but all my contacts are no longer showing up. Profile information is also not showing up for anyone.

I am also getting errors for other Yahoo plug-ins inside of Messenger.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Andrew

Hi afirkowski

You must be a super fast reader :-) - and writer - two posts every time?? :-)

At least there was a description on how to use the search function in the forum.

Did you find out how you got yourself into this situation?

Or how to use the restore center?

How to place items in the Ignore list?

How to undo changes brought about by System Opmize "problems" that wasn't placed in the Ignore list?

Cheers

solbjerg

I found nothing in there about what it does or will do with a messenger program. only the different internet browsers.

I have searched all of the settings and found nothing.

ASC Restore

I am also aware of the restore, but I installed programs AFTER I installed ASC and if I restore my programs are gone. I don't have the install discs dor those programs, as I am in my semi now and not at my house.

When you click on Advanced System Care Restore:

The backups you see in the right panel of Restore Center are Advanced System Care restore points for the changes Advanced System Care made and only those changes.

Select one and then click Undo Changes

Edit: Be aware of the Backup Date it may be a different configuration to your computer.

View System Restore in the left panel of Restore Center is just a shortcut to the built-in Windows System Restore

Once you click on it and go to the Windows System Restore then Advanced System Care is no longer involved in that restore process.

Windows System Restore will restore everything to the previous point you choose.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3936&d=1265735631

All the best, woz of oz

Hi woz

Excellent explanation!!

I just want to add: Beware of the the ASC restore point date!!

Cheers

solbjerg

When you click on Advanced System Care Restore:

The backups you see in the right panel of Restore Center are Advanced System Care restore points for the changes Advanced System Care made and only those changes.

Select one and then click Undo Changes

View System Restore in the left panel of Restore Center is just a shortcut to the built-in Windows System Restore

Once you click on it and go to the Windows System Restore then Advanced System Care is no longer involved in that restore process.

Windows System Restore will restore everything to the previous point you choose.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3936&d=1263840206

All the best, woz of oz

Archived