IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

I have a problem with Turbo Boost

Borgo

I recently bought an license for Ultimate Care 6 PRO, but I got an very strange surprise, I follow the link to download the product and I got ASC 4 and not 6 :lol: At the moment, on my pc I have the trial version of ASC 6.

Well.. the problem I have with this version (asc6) is.. when I turn on turbo boost after 1,2..5 minutes the XP goes into BSOD :mrgreen:

With this "version" of turbo boost I sow an incredible increase of speed.. is like I have another pc.. :twisted: but I cant get use of it :evil:

Now.. I have a lot behind me with this BSOD ! What actualy DOES this turbo boost.. to "windoze" so it get so quickly into BSOD ?? Does it increase the "speeds" of memory module also ?

Thank you ! for now..

PS : Hope I didnt post somewhere wrong

Hi Borgo

Welcome. It is a bit confusing as to what happened with your download. You do not explain how you got from ASC 4 to ASC6 Trial version. You have a pro licence so you should not have to use the trial version,

This is the link for the latest version of ASC 6. You should download it and reinstall. This will probably solve your problem.

Before you run any scans, I recommend that you go into Settings and disable (untick) the Deep Clean in Registry Fix. It is unnecessary for normal operation.

Well.. the problem I have with this version (asc6) is.. when I turn on turbo boost after 1,2..5 minutes the XP goes into BSOD :mrgreen:

With this "version" of turbo boost I sow an incredible increase of speed.. is like I have another pc.. :twisted: but I cant get use of it :evil:

Now.. I have a lot behind me with this BSOD ! What actualy DOES this turbo boost.. to "windoze" so it get so quickly into BSOD ?? Does it increase the "speeds" of memory module also ?

Thank you ! for now..

PS : Hope I didnt post somewhere wrong

Hello Borgo :mrgreen:

please post your Turbo Boost settings.

Cheers

Sarakael

Hi Borgo

Welcome. It is a bit confusing as to what happened with your download. You do not explain how you got from ASC 4 to ASC6 Trial version. You have a pro licence so you should not have to use the trial version

So.. I bought the license. In my e-mail I got the license-key AND separately an link.. an link from where I can download the product I bought. I followed that link and after.. I sow that I downloaded the ASC 4 and not ASC 6 PRO for what I payed for. Later on.. I got back to iobit and from there I installed the trial version of Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 6.

Hi Borgo

Before you run any scans, I recommend that you go into Settings and disable (untick) the Deep Clean in Registry Fix. It is unnecessary for normal operation.

What do you mean by an "normal operation" ?

I did already the "Deep" Clean in Registry Fix !

I understand through an "deep clean of registry", an operation done by an software which can do an better cleaning, as an normal user can do !

That's why I bought this product ! To do(when needed)with one click of a button, the things what I or "windoze" CAN NOT !

Hello Borgo :mrgreen:

please post your Turbo Boost settings.

hope I give the Turbo setting right...

I chose the Game Mode.

1. by System Services.. I highlighted all of them

2. by Non System Services I did not highlighted avast firewall

3. by background applications I did not highlighted Logitech Set Point, Logitech KHAL Main Process and "Monitors and Optimizes memory usage(manufactered IObit)"

4. by the question "Would you like to activate ASC power plan?" I chose NO

Well that's it ! :mrgreen:

Now.. almost each "windoze" user, knows.. that XP is an sensitive case. The most remarks to this "sensitive case" is the compatibility between memory module and the motherboard. Well.. although the memory module are on the "white list" http://www.asrock.com/mb/memory/P43DE.pdf still I got an BSOD... a game(warcraft III frozen throne), a player(KM Player) or AT START UP.. But with this "Turbo boost" from ASC Ult 6 it is incredible.. it only take's from 30 sec to 4-5 minutes to "generate" the BSOD :evil:

for now..

So.. I bought the license. In my e-mail I got the license-key AND separately an link.. an link from where I can download the product I bought. I followed that link and after.. I sow that I downloaded the ASC 4 and not ASC 6 PRO for what I payed for. Later on.. I got back to iobit and from there I installed the trial version of Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 6.

Borgo

The first thing you need to sort out is your version of ASCU. You say you have a Pro Licence...so why have you got the trial version. You should have the full version.

What do you mean by an "normal operation" ?

I did already the "Deep" Clean in Registry Fix !

I understand through an "deep clean of registry", an operation done by an software which can do an better cleaning, as an normal user can do !

That's why I bought this product ! To do(when needed)with one click of a button, the things what I or "windoze" CAN NOT !

Normal operation is when your computeris working ok but you want to clean and optimise it. It is therefore unnecessary to run the Deep Scan, as the non deep scan will scan and repair your registry just fine. Deep Scan would be used by experienced users and the scan result would be carefully checked before running the repair to determine if you want all the registries shown to be repaired. There are many settings in ASC so that users can choose the ones which suits their system best. Just because a setting such as Deep Clean is available does not mean you have to use it.

The first thing you need to sort out is your version of ASCU. You say you have a Pro Licence...so why have you got the trial version. You should have the full version.

Ok, trial version is out.. now I have ASC 6.1 Pro license on (355 days left)

There seems to be a lot of confusion about the differences in:

Deep Care

Deep Registry Fix

& Deep Registry Clean

'Deep Registry Clean' option is the one that is considered Not Normally required.

(and should normally be Avoided)

You want to tell me that I am confused.. ok :grin:

You as an IObit expert.. you tell me(if you want of course) why ASC version 6 in Turbo Boost mode generates BSOD ? Is the 'Deep Registry Clean'(in case that this is a very dangerous or avoidable operation) responsible for.. or the Turbo Boost settings ?

What I do know.. and I'm not confused about it, is the fact that I used sometimes the Game Booster from ASC 4, and I NEVER got an BSOD.

You know what is funny ? that I paid for that avoidable(:wink:) operation called Deep Registry Clean.. and I first of all(how Scannan said) I am not qualified for.. I am not an experienced user.

What now ? for now..

Are you sure you are not a bit confused.??

You talk about "Deep Registry Clean" but there is no such function.

Deep Clean is just an Additional option in the Registry Fix setting. The reason we suggest it be used only by experienced users, is because it scans deeper into the registry and so each registry item in the scan result needs to be checked before deciding whether you wish ASC to perform a repair.

This is not necessary in the normal Registry Fix (Deep Clean disabled) and the user can just allow the repair to be performed.

I hope this now clears up this issue for you as you seem to be upset at paying for Deep Clean.

Every prograqm you ever download. whether free or paid, will have options which you may not use. ASC makes as many options as possible available in order to cater for all users both experienced and not experienced.

When you buy a car, the speedometer may be scaled 0-200 kmh. However, you do not have to drive at 200kmh. Also, you cannot go back to the dealer and complain that you have paid for a car whose speedometer shows 0-200 when you only drive 100 kmh.

Now, for the BSOD....are you still getting BSOD even with the latest full version of ASC 6 newly installed.

Are you sure you are not a bit confused.??

You talk about "Deep Registry Clean" but there is no such function.

Deep Clean is just an Additional option in the Registry Fix setting.

Well.. I'm not confused, Fixing the Registry or Cleaning the Registry could be(in some cases) the same thing, it only depends of the "operation" made by a software. Of course.. there is a difference between those two words !

I hope this now clears up this issue for you as you seem to be upset at paying for Deep Clean.

Every prograqm you ever download. whether free or paid, will have options which you may not use.

I was not upset..

It was just a joke..

Still.. let's say that somebody who's system is slow, heard that if he buy that program.. his system will run like new or better, or turbo. Latter on.. smb else says " Now.. DONT push that button ! This is undone ! You will destroy your programs, your games, your SYSTEM.. everything ! You fool.. You're just an unskilled user.. Go to school !

Now.. everybody who used this kind of application/program, use it to keep the system clean and speedy. Few people knows how to do it and the other part(the unskilled) TRUST the app called ASC.. some of them pays for it.. I paid/bought that license as an RECOGNITION... An recognition to the FACT that ASC keep't the XP alive for so many years..

The same recognition I have to deliver to KM Player..

Now, for the BSOD....are you still getting BSOD even with the latest full version of ASC 6 newly installed.

I don't know YET.. what to say about it !

I uninstall that "trial".. dont know what's happen INTO system after that..

AFTER reboot I notice.. AN "slowing down" of the system.. I run an cleaning with "ASC Pro" (without Deep Clean) and I sow an improvement of speed.. but not SO speedy as the trial version DOES IT ! I'd run the "Turbo Boost" with same settings and no more BSOD... so far !

I didnt run any games so far.. so I can't tell you exactly. But one thing I can tell you.. that the what "Turbo Boost(ASC 6.1 Pro)" do..is the same thing.. is NOTHING MORE.. that's close some app to clear memory.. just as ASC 4 does.

Now.. the system is obvious faster as before, but NOT so FAST.. as with the "trial version" !

PS : An "trial TURBO" of ASC is what I NEED to challenge all systems.. to prove that XP is the fastest !

PS : Now, they.. just don't want to admite the truth.. that THEY create a system so good.. it CAN'T BE challenge'd for the next years.. but and/in order to pay for the "next" system.. you will be ask'ed for..

For now..

Borgo

Well!! that last post sure confused the heck out of me. But I will try to answer what I think you ask.

We never said that Deep Clean will wreck your machine... we said that it is not advisable for inexperienced users to use it.

ASC assume that when you run a scan that you will read the results before you perform the repair.

Everyday, everywhere.... both skilled and non skilled users push a button without checking what it does and they usually pay the price of a crashed system. So, all the program manufacturers can do is advise people to read the manual before the use the product. No one can force a user to do it.

I am glad your BSOD problem seems to be solved, as this was the initial issue.

I cannot even hazard a guess as to why the Trial Version would make your machine faster than the Paid Pro version. I can only ask if you had the same settings for both versions.

If you have any more issue, please let us know.

• 7 months later...

Hi people !

I came back to tell you (after a long time, sorry) the results of the experience with Turbo Boost.

Are many aspects concerning Turbo Boost settings. The main problem in "game mode" is the mouse(the driver).. in my case Razerhid MFC Application.

If I start Turbo Boost (game mode) WITH Razerhid MFC Application

highlighted, it will generate BSOD very fast(10-30 seconds) in games, after 10-20 minutes, if I do something in windows or with internet explorer and non if I play a movie or music.

Without highlighting the mouse driver.. I still get the BSOD, only when using the internet explorer and having many tabs open.. more than 4. Don't know what to say about that, because I had many crashes with the last 2 versions of my explorer without using Turbo Boost.

For now :???:

Archived