IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

If you use Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 6 in Windows 8, install IMF (Free or Pro) also!

Hi All,

If you install Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 6 to Windows 8, it will turn off Windows Defender and Windows will flag that there is no anti-spyware software in the system, as Windows Defender includes full antivirus and anti-spyware functions by MS definition.

For Windows to turn off Action Center warning that there is no anti-spyware in the system, you can install IObit Malware Fighter.

An anti-spyware, anti-malware program IObit Malware Fighter is a good companion to Advanced System Care Ultimate 6 which includes Bitdefender anti-virus engine together with IObit light anti-malware function and the combination of ASCU + IMF is strongly advised by IObit.

Cheers.

Hi All,

If you install Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 6 to Windows 8, it will turn off Windows Defender and Windows will flag that there is no anti-spyware software in the system, as Windows Defender includes full antivirus and anti-spyware functions by MS definition.

For Windows to turn off Action Center warning that there is no anti-spyware in the system, you can install IObit Malware Fighter.

An anti-spyware, anti-malware program IObit Malware Fighter is a good companion to Advanced System Care Ultimate 6 which includes Bitdefender anti-virus engine together with IObit light anti-malware function and the combination of ASCU + IMF is strongly advised by IObit.

Cheers.

It goes beyond this Enoskype... ASCU 6 has disabled my Defender in Vista SP2. It seems to have removed some system permissions that I will get back. I have a concern about the installed services as well. I will watch.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

EDIT: Please indicate which system permission changes.

Please forgive me if I am misunderstanding this, but It was always my understanding, that IMF was included in asc Ultimate. Indeed when ASCU was first launched, it was stated very clearly that it included anti virus and antimalware. If this was not so, then it would have been completely unnecessary to replace ASC+AV. I thought the whole point of Ultimate, was that it included both AV and Anti-malware.

Now we are recommending that users should install IMf seperately. I would be very grateful if someone would explain exactly how ASCU is different from ASC+AV. Please do not tell me that ASCU/ASC+AV/ASC has a reduced version of IMF, because this would mean that ASCU is just ASC+AV with a different name.

Windows 8 will warn users if there is no Anti-spyware installed. Some users mistook Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 6 has both anti-virus and anti-spyware protection. So we should bundle Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 6 and IObit Malware Fighter to provide full security protection.

The Operating Systems Suported by ASC Ultimate (the latest version for ASC with Antivirus 2013) are as below:

Windows 8 (32-bit and 64-bit) Pro/ Enterprise/RT

Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter/ Home Basic/Home Premium/Professional/Ultimate

Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter/Home Basic/Home Premium/Business /Ultimate

Windows XP (32-bit and 64-bit) with SP2/SP3 or Home/Professional/Media Center

ASCU6 is ASC+AV with extra functions of ASC6 compared to ASC5.

IObit has chosen a different name as "Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 6" when upgrading Advanced SystemCare(5) with Antivirus 2013 to ASC(6)+AV

Although both ASC+AV (2012-2013) had and ASCU6 has a light antimalware function (using IObit's IMF engine), as a stand alone software all the functions of IMF have never been included in ASC+AV (2012-2013) and ASCU6.

BTW, suggestion of inclusion of such a thread came from a forum member, even requesting IObit to mention it in their web site.

FYI, the title descriptions of the sections in the forum are as follows respectively:

Advanced SystemCare with Antivirus --------Advanced SystemCare + anti-virus scanning and fixing, and real-time protection.

Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 6 --------New ASC with ANTIVIRUS is here!

Cheers.

Hi friends

2 is the ultimate prime number if one sees it as the only even prime number.

I remember a Danish cereal (rolled oats) that came in boxes containing 1 kg of rolled oats.

At one time they made the ultimate box which contained 1800 g - it cost 23 kr - 1 box of the original oatmeal containing 1 kg cost 10 kr.

What in reality was ultimate about it? - well the box itself was larger than 2 boxes each containing 1 kg :-) + that it was the most expensive cereal of oats one could buy, making it in one sense the ultimate buy :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. There are other ultimate products fx. UltimateDefrag which has been updated several times - hopefully making it more and more ultimate :-)

There is also another defrag program called PerfectDisc which has also been updated several times - hopefully making it more and more perfect :-)

p.p.s. I think that the word Ultimate refers to the fact that ASC at long last incorporated a real antivirus program into the program calling it ASCU in order for it to become a more complete package.

The full IMF is still a program in its own right - and IObit recommends that it be run alongside ASCU

If one does that - the ASC does not find any malware when it is run - if you do it the other way round - that is to say - if you run ASC first it will find a bunch of malware - and sometimes if you afterward then run IMF it will find some malware that was missed by the ASC scan. Probably mostly due to the update frequency of the definition list in the two programs. IMf does have other features too!

ASCU6 is ASC+AV with extra functions of ASC6.

IObit has chosen a different name as Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 6 when upgrading Advanced SystemCare with Antivirus (5) to ASC+AV (6)

Although ASC+AV and ASCU6 both had a light antimalware function (using IObit's IMF engine), as a stand alone software, all the functions of IMF have never been included in ASC+AV and ASCU 6.

BTW, suggestion of inclusion of such a thread came from a forum member, even requesting IObit to mention it in their web site.

The title descriptions of the sections in the forum are as follows respectively:

Advanced SystemCare with Antivirus Advanced SystemCare + anti-virus scanning and fixing, and real-time protection.

Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 6 New ASC with ANTIVIRUS is here!

Cheers.