IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

How to Set-Up: Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 6 with ANTIVIRUS

Laurie

Hi Everyone!

I have a Vista laptop and I am new to the ascu6 and want to know what is the best way to set-up the operation of ascu6.

Examples:

The defrag is programmed to run at start-up. Really, do I need that to be running in background all day?

When I am scanning for virus' some programs such as ComboFix require the Anti-Virus and other security programs disabled. I never found the way to disable the ascu6 anti-virus so I uninstalled the ascu6 to run the ComboFix. Then simply re-installed after the scan.

It would be great if someone can answer my two questions.

Additionally, those who have Vista and or maybe it doesn't matter, any OS, if ya'll have time to share how you set-up your ascu6 and your intention/purpose for why you set-up it up that way.

Thank You!

Laurie :razz:

Hi Laurie,

Thank you for your reply.

Advanced SystemCare Ultimate not only includes all the ASC Pro features but also has the antivirus functions. You should turn on its Real-time protection to protect your PC in real time.

You can make settings according to your requirements and favorites. If you do not know whether to open or close a feature. It is suggested to keep the recommended settings.

Hope it is helpful to you.

Hi Everyone!

The defrag is programmed to run at start-up. Really, do I need that to be running in background all day?

Laurie

With regard to your defrag question.... There has been a lot of debate regarding this issue with many divergent views. Personally, I do not run defrag on automatic or have it run on startup. I use the smart defrag as a standalone utility ( you can download Smart Defrag as a standalone at Majorgeeks).

I check once or twice a month using the analyze feature in SD and if my defrag rate is more than 5%, I select Defrag & Fast Optimise option and run it.

If you are doing a lot of work on your pc, such as copying, deleting, moving and or working with large databases, you may want to do a defragment check once a week. I certainly would not agree with the defrag running all the time, as it creates unnecessary drive wear for a little gain in speed and space.

I do not use Vista or ASCU so maybe some users of same will make some suggestions regarding your other question. I do suggest that you enable the Autocare, set to run when your pc is idle. This enables ASC to keep your machine optimised with small repairs rather than running it once in a while which usually necessitates larger repairs and therefore more risk. Also Disable the Deep Clean in Registry Fix. It tends to be agressive and is for more experienced users who are familiar with the workings of the Registry.

Hi Scannan :-D

Thank you for your sound tips, all makes sense to me!

Hi Cicely :???:

For clarity, I want to know how to 100% temporarily DISABLE Advanced Systemcare 6 Ultimate.

During the cleaning and tune-up work I was recently doing on my machine there were scan tools that required all security programs includes anti-virus & firewall to be temporarily disabled in order to run scan uninterrupted.

I could not find how to disable asc6u so I was resolved to uninstall and then reinstall (not optimal) :roll:

If you can, please provide instructions how to disable asc6u.

:-D Thank You,

Laurie"

Hi Laurie,

Disabling real-time protection of the antivirus programs will be sufficient if other programs require the security programs to be disabled to function properly.

So, disabling (Turning OFF -clicking the button to show Off) Real-time protection of Advanced SystemCare Ultimate (ASCU) from the main GUI (Graphical User Interface) window will be enough for the purpose.

Cheers.

Archived