IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Registry Cleaners

I am presently still evaluating ASC v 6, discovering which of all the features is relevant to my situation. Amongst these is the Registry Cleaner.

I participate in a few other online forums and the almost universal view expressed by participants who know more about these things than I do is not to touch RC's with a (long) barge pole - unless you REALLY know what you are doing, and even then .. The benefits seem not to compare with the risks.

In ASC expert mode I can untick the RC box and avoid the problem. Initially I scanned in simplified mode. Did this include the reg cleaner by default? And do participants in this forum also have reservations about reg cleaners in general?

Magic Sam

There are many opinions regarding registry cleaners, and it can be hard to decide what to do. Some RC's can be over agressive and lead to issues. However I have found that ASC works extremely well. In the many years I have used it, I have never had a registry issue. Additionally ASC creates a backup before it cleans the registry, so in the unlikely event that a problem occurs, you can undo the changes and return to the pre cleaned registry.

One importand thing you should do with ASC is to disable the Deep Clean function. This should only be used by experienced users who have indept knowledge of the registry. You can disable this function in the Registry Fix settings.

The registry does get filled with invalid and or damaged entries, and this can affect your performance. I find that using the Autocare function allows the registry to be kept clean without a huge amount a cleaning as it does not allow the registry to become bloated with rubbish.

I hope this helps

Absolutely

Magic Sam

There are many opinions regarding registry cleaners, and it can be hard to decide what to do. Some RC's can be over agressive and lead to issues. However I have found that ASC works extremely well. In the many years I have used it, I have never had a registry issue. Additionally ASC creates a backup before it cleans the registry, so in the likely event that a problem occurs, you can undo the changes and return to the pre cleaned registry.

One importand thing you should do with ASC is to disable the Deep Clean function. This should only be used by experienced users who have indept knowledge of the registry. You can disable this function in the Registry Fix settings.

The registry does get filled with invalid and or damaged entries, and this can affect your performance. I find that using the Autocare function allows the registry to be kept clean without a huge amount a cleaning as it does not allow the registry to become bloated with rubbish.

I hope this helps

I second what you have just posted,having warned people MANY times to NOT deep scan the registry without knowing what you are doing/looking at.People still insist on doing it,why I have no idea. :roll:

-Cowboy

I hope this helps

I second what you have just posted,having warned people MANY times to NOT deep scan the registry without knowing what you are doing/looking at.People still insist on doing it,why I have no idea. :roll:

-Cowboy

with such strong suggestions above, I find it more than a little strange that IObit so easily offers the "DeepClean" option without any type of a warning in the paid versions of ASC/ASCU... a typical user of the paid versions could be easily justified in using the Deep Clean option Without Any Worry since the current descriptive wording is essentially an Invitation to receiving a much cleaner registry by enabling said Deep Clean... and "Safely" since there are no warnings... Heck its even part of the IObit "Recommended" Settings in my ASC U...

Immaculens

It has been suggested to Iobit that a warning be included regarding the Deep Clean feature.

However, I wonder just how far companies such as Iobit need to go, to warn users regarding certain functions. In the case of Deep Clean, the function itself does not do any damage, it is misuse by the user that causes issues.

Hence, the strong suggestions to users not to use it unless they understand fully the workings of the registry.

Immaculens

It has been suggested to Iobit that a warning be included regarding the Deep Clean feature.

However, I wonder just how far companies such as Iobit need to go, to warn users regarding certain functions. In the case of Deep Clean, the function itself does not do any damage, it is misuse by the user that causes issues.

Hence, the strong suggestions to users not to use it unless they understand fully the workings of the registry.

Hi there, just requesting clarification...

you say above that the Deep Clean function itself does not do any damage. So what type of 'misuse' by the user causes issues with this function??

The user clicks 'Scan'. Deep clean is a recommended setting, so what 'misuse' options are there?

If "Deep Clean" is not checked... is it the same scan as the un-paid version?

And If 'Deep Scan" is dangerous to my registry/PC, and the normal scan is the same as the unpaid version - that is certainly an argument for simply using the unpaid version of ASC. Because if as you say - "not to use it unless they understand fully the workings of the registry." ... well is it maybe 1% of users who "understand fully" the workings of the registry?

Yet Deep Clean is a 'Recommended' setting.

The misuse I refer to is that when users use Deep Clean they just proceed to repair all. without actually reading each item in the list first and being sure that they want it cleaned. This is necessary as the Deep Clean goes deeper into the registry.

If you check back through the forums, you will see that there have been many discussions on this issue

No, the Deep Scan is not dangerous to your pc. The only danger, is how the user uses it. Like many things in life, it is not the product that is dangerous but the person using it.

I have no idea what % of users understand the workings of the Registry, but whether it is small or large does not matter. Iobit are catering for all users both eperienced and or inexperienced.

Archived