IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASCU6 and Chrome

Hi all, I'm running ASCU6 and Win 7 home premium 64 bit. My concern is that each time I've done a sweep using ASCU6, a window will pop up asking me to shut down chrome or the repair will be skipped, the thing is I wasn't even using chrome, I even checked using win task manager to make sure that chrome wasn't on, can someone tell me what's going on? Thanks in advance

Hi tadaima888

The notification you are getting is created by the Privacy Sweep function of ASC. There is absolutely nothing to worry about. It does this to enable it to effectively clear the browsing history files.

It does not matter whether Chrome is actually runnng at the time of the privacy sweep. There will still be history files to be cleared.

However the fact that it is asking you to turnchrome off when it is not on, would appear to be a minor bug. Hopefully Iobit will see this post and respond. If you wish, you can contact Iobit directly at support@iobit.com and explain the issue. You can reference this thread in your email.

You are correct that it happens during the Privacy Sweep function, can I ask you another question? I noticed something else with it, let's say after doing the privacy sweep, it detected 100 problems, but when I run the repair function, the numbers that were repaired were always less than the 100, is this normal?

I have not come across this issue. Whenever I run privacy sweep it always repairs all the items. The only reason I can think of for this issue to occur, would be if some items are in use at the time. So if a browser is active at the time of the sweep, it may not repair all items. You should include this issue in your email to Iobit.

I look forward to seeing your feedback.

Archived