IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Cloned Files Scanner question

bmeacham

In Cloned Files Scanner, when it shows two files that are duplicates, which one will be deleted, the one that is checked or the one that is not checked? I ask because different duplicate file finders sometimes do it one way and sometimes the other way.

Hi bmeacham

The application will remove the marked items

But don't do it without checking each and every one first.

By me it reports around 2000 files - half of these are empty folders and most of the rest are around 1 Kb in size, so not much space will be gained from deleting any of those.

Some of the rest can really give you back some space, especially dublets of pictures and video files, - but check first to see if you really want to delete any of these locations

Some of the rest are programs that are situated in both C:\ and in C:\programs and they are often quite large.

Take special care in checking if any of those can be deleted

this can be very dangerous.

For example I have two files - a dictionary and an encyclopedia from the same company - and the application suggests that I delete the dictionary.

This would be wrong - and I would have to install that program again.

There were also a couple of NVidia files in two locations - quite large - but those I abstained from deleting because I saw that action as too dangerous.

So to conclude:

BE VERY CAREFUL!!!!

As Cicely says the application is a Cloned files FINDER

What you do with the found items is solely up to you and consequently your own responsibility!!

Cheers

solbjerg

In Cloned Files Scanner, when it shows two files that are duplicates, which one will be deleted, the one that is checked or the one that is not checked? I ask because different duplicate file finders sometimes do it one way and sometimes the other way.

• 1 year later...

As I expained in the previous post Samilabing I precisely do not want to delete that file.

Whatever the duplicate files finder is called - you have to use it with intelligence and care, in my experience.

They are Finders - how you use them and what you delete is up to you.

You always have to check - for example if you have a sound file it will generally be placed in the Music folder. You may have placed it elsewhere too for some reason or other for convenience sake, and you may have used the sound file in a picture file as an explanation to the picture.

This sound file will be seen as having a number of duplicate/cloned files -

but you probably do not wish to delete any of them.

This is the reason that you should always check if the cloned file is really unneccesary for your preferences.

The machine cannot possibly know that, - only you do!!

Cheers

solbjerg

f you want to remove/ delete this file from your hard drive so quickly download “ . It may be able to be removed/ delete this file from your hard drive.

Archived