IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Deactivate license [FIXED]

kirkers

I have a 3-PC license, and installed on 3 PCs (2 laptops, 1 netbook)

I have uninstalled ASC Pro 5 from a laptop I am taking out of service. I was online when I uninstalled, in case there is a server-based deactivation routine. (I have found no discussion of this on this forum or anywhere else, however.)

Can I use the license to install on one more PC?

Hi kirkers

When you obtain a license and activate it on a machine it becomes specific to that machine, so you cannot just place it in another machine after that - it won't be valid there as it isn't obtained for the new machine.

If it wasn't set up like that you would be able to just buy 1 licence and then use it in all the machines you wanted to.

That said there are also instances where it would be unfair to enforce the policy too rigorously. Therefore IObit usually are very forthcoming if you write them and explain your situation, - if they find that in that instance it would be fair to transfer the license to a new machine, they will usually do that. support@iobit.com

You will then not be able to use it in the original machine.

Cheers

solbjerg

I have a 3-PC license, and installed on 3 PCs (2 laptops, 1 netbook)

I have uninstalled ASC Pro 5 from a laptop I am taking out of service. I was online when I uninstalled, in case there is a server-based deactivation routine. (I have found no discussion of this on this forum or anywhere else, however.)

Can I use the license to install on one more PC?

• 2 months later...

Hi, sorry to bother you, but i need deactivate license so i can install it again on same computer after disaster recovery. When trying activate, it says "Licence will be activated on all computers, you must purchase new", but i have one computer only, after a few reinstalls of windows i activate ASC and dont know, this is counted. Will be much better give us some activation file, so i can reinstal ASC many as i need. Thanks.

• 6 months later...

Bought a new computer to replace a broken one

I have the same problem as kirkers and kjbarnes above.

I have bought ASC 6 Pro 3-PC License and now one of my PC's crashed totally and I have bought a new computer to replace it.

How can I activate my license on the new machine?

• 2 years later...
i have recently purchased a new computer, one of my old ones was stolen, i need to have it deactivated and reactivate on my new one.

When looking for assistance it is customary to use the words Please and Thanks.

All the information you require to assist you is already shown in the previous posts.

Archived