This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toppack View Post
    Some of the utility programs in ASC should not be run at the same time as other programs are running or loaded in memory, such as the Browser.
    Many people tend to forget that the Internet-Browser is just Another program and not part of the Operating-system.
    Only a few of them could be safely activated from Browser.
    So I think it would be a bad idea to run ASC utilties From the Browser, Sorry. :???:

Agreed Toppack!!

P.S. Maybe we can design our own thing (maybe call it a trollbar)? That was a good advisement Toppack. By the way you never responded to the email I sent you on the address you gave me a while back? I sent it twice and it was not returned.

Comment

Originally posted by Melvin_Deal View Post

you never responded to the email I sent you on the address you gave me a while back? I sent it twice and it was not returned.
      I sent you a PM about the problem.

Comment

I would like to thank all at IObit, for a great job and on-going pledge of product

I would Like To Thank All At IObit, for the privilege of using Advanced System
        Care V6, it has helped in many ways at keeping my Dell Tower running at
        Peak performance, I attend The University Of Hawaii in the Aeronautics
        program and I am right in the middle of Finals for the first semester and I have
        not crashed yet. Thank You again.
        Michael Eric DeLoach

Comment

Well, the final version of ASC6 is just awesome! I think the icons of beta where more smooth, but that's nothing.

I have two questions 'bout it, though:
          1: What are the differences between the scan's defragger and smart defrag's one?
          2: Every time I start the program, Windows asks "Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?"... That's horrible, can't I tell the bloody thing that the program is fine, and to never ask me again? (Without turning off UAC?) I've already tried running as admin, marking as always run as admin, reinstalled... Anyone got any ideas?
          Last edited by LuanBR; Oct. 16th, 2012, 19:22. Reason: Do you want the following program to allow changes to this computer, wut?

Comment

Hi LuanBR,

Did you try to clean uninstall with Admin privileges, turning off UAC, Clean Installing as Administrator and then turning UAC on and then runing ASC as Administrator?

Fortunately you can turn off UAC in Windows 7, but you can't in win 8 without registry tweak and loosing Metro functions.

Cheers.
            enoskype

- Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and belongs to the man who can appreciate it. -

Comment

In ASC 5 there were "high risk" and "low risk" indicators when deleting registry entries. Have they been removed because I don't see them anymore in ASC 6?
              Last edited by Savedbygrace; Oct. 17th, 2012, 18:15.

Comment

Enoskype, thanks, but it didn't worked... The only account on my PC is the administrator's, so I don't have to log every time I want to use the program, so I think I can deal with it... Anyway, Windows could have a "Remember my answer" :|

btw I never tried it but can I use IObit uninstaller to uninstall ASC?

Comment

Hi Savedbygrace, welcome to IObit Forum! :-D

Yes they are not shown in ASC6 as now there is a Smart Scan where ASC6 decides which are to be removed/deleted. However, you can see them if you run Registry Cleaner tool in Toolbox.

Cheers.
                  enoskype

- Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and belongs to the man who can appreciate it. -

Comment

Originally posted by enoskype View Post
                    Hi Savedbygrace, welcome to IObit Forum! :-D

Yes they are not shown in ASC6 as now there is Smart Scan where ASC6 decides which are to be removed/deleted. However, you can see them if you run Registry Cleaner tool in Toolbox.

Cheers.
                    Thanks for the welcome and the response to my question.

Comment

Hi LuanBR,

UAC is a useful security for inexperienced users and users in an Enterprise, but always have been a nuisance to me starting in Vista and now worsening in Win 8.

The above procedure worked sometimes for some PCs and sometimes didn't work for others. Never tried in Windows7 Ultimate though.
                      Although I am not sure, I think installing as OS build in Administrator from the first install of the softwares is the answer.

To uninstall any ASC, please use the standalone IObit Uninstaller 2.3 which is released very recently.

Cheers.
                      enoskype

Comment

ok

seems to work ok but have notice slight difference between adv care 5 and this one . as when i run a scan in 6, 5 will find other difficulties.

Comment

Originally posted by cracker7077 View Post
                          seems to work ok but have notice slight difference between adv care 5 and this one . as when i run a scan in 6, 5 will find other difficulties.
                          Hi cracker7077,

Please elaborate "other difficulties".

Cheers.
                          enoskype

Comment

Easiest beta ever

So impressed with this. Pretty much zero problems from the start, but maybe I am just the unadventurous type.

Excellent work guys.

Comment

Hi Enoskype...

UAC is a useful security for inexperienced users and users in an Enterprise, but always have been a nuisance to me starting in Vista and now worsening in Win 8.
                              Yes!!! UAC is a huge pain in the a--!!:twisted:
                              Just thought I'd let you know I'm in the same place as you on this.

Sincerely,
                              -Mel
                              Live long and prosper!

Comment

Ignore List Migration

I like the improvements. But... I do not like the fact my Ignore List doesn't get migrated from V5, forcing me to rebuild the lengthy lists of Cookies to keep/delete!!

Comment

Working...
                                X