IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Please help! Need to recover web history deleted by ASC 6

RickA

Good evening, my computer was having blue screens of death and so I called a technician that ran ASC 6.0 free edition on my computer using the default settings. The problem is it deleted all my chrome history leaving me without almost 50 tabs that I was reading for a research that I have to deliver on monday. There's no possible way I can search all those sites again and I'm desperately looking for a way to recover the links from the deleted history. Is it possible at all? Does anyone know if the program deletes the index.dat file? Can I maybe use a index.dat file reader to recover those sites (that's the only sollution I could find in google)? Thank you very much for your attention and for any suggestions, all answers will be highly appreciated!

edit: I'm sorry, here are my specs:

AV: Avast free edition

IObit: Advanced System Care 6.0 free edition

PC: Intel i7, 4Gb RAM

Hi RickA.

I don't know about the tool you mentioned... but here is an idea.

Have you tried the undelete tool in the Iobit toolbox to see if you can recover? Or maybe the ASC rescue function may work.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10885&d=1353683279

You may be out of luck.:-(

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Hi RickA

There are several possible options to recover Google Chrome history.

Using Index.dat Analyzer tool

In order to recover deleted Index.dat Analyzer history, you can use Index.dat Analyzer tool. For that, first you need to download and install this software application onto the system and run the application. For quickly searching you can use Filter. Then you need to select the item that you want to recover and save those selected items. Thus, you can recover deleted history from Google Chrome.

Using System Restore

There are several ways to recover deleted browsing history from Google Chrome. For that you, can use System Restore feature. It is a built-in utility that restores all deleted files. Select ‘Start’ and go to System Restore, and you can choose a restore point to which you need to restore the system to. The restore point that you choose must be a date that was saved before browsing history in Google Chrome was deleted. Using these steps you can easily recover browsing history in Google Chrome.

I hope these help. Also, in future if you have important pages which you need to keep, then you should Bookmark them. This will prevent them being lost if your browser history is deleted. I wouls also recommed that you get a different computer technician the next time you have a problem. He should have checked the settings before he ran ASC.

Hi RickA

There are several possible options to recover Google Chrome history.

Using Index.dat Analyzer tool

In order to recover deleted Index.dat Analyzer history, you can use Index.dat Analyzer tool. For that, first you need to download and install this software application onto the system and run the application. For quickly searching you can use Filter. Then you need to select the item that you want to recover and save those selected items. Thus, you can recover deleted history from Google Chrome.

Using System Restore

There are several ways to recover deleted browsing history from Google Chrome. For that you, can use System Restore feature. It is a built-in utility that restores all deleted files. Select ‘Start’ and go to System Restore, and you can choose a restore point to which you need to restore the system to. The restore point that you choose must be a date that was saved before browsing history in Google Chrome was deleted. Using these steps you can easily recover browsing history in Google Chrome.

I hope these help. Also, in future if you have important pages which you need to keep, then you should Bookmark them. This will prevent them being lost if your browser history is deleted. I wouls also recommed that you get a different computer technician the next time you have a problem. He should have checked the settings before he ran ASC.

Hi Scannan!

Thank you for that.:-) I know nothing about Chrome so was guessing in the dark. I was unaware that System Restore would return non IE files! You are an asset to us all!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and Prosper!

Mel

Thank you for your very kind reply. As you know System Restore while a great tool is notoriously unreliable, so fingers crossed that RickA's problem will be solved. I hope RickA bookmarks important pages in future, as relying on browsing history for important sites is certainly a bad idea.

Thank you Melvin and Scannan!!

@ Scannan, I saw this page too, but I'm not sure the System Restore would effectively work in this case, and it could damage my computer in the process. I want to try an index.dat reader like this Analyzer, but I can't find the index.dat file, that's why I asked if the index.dat file is erased by ASC:/ but nevertheless, thank you for the suggestions, I appreciate a lot your effort on trying to help me

@ Melvin, I didn't notice the undelete feature, but do you know which files should I aim at undeleting? Which extensions or folders? To tell the truth, I was so angered by my techinician's mistake that I uninstalled the program at once, but I'll install it again and try to use this feature. Thank you very much for the attention!

RickA

The Internet history gets stored in the Windows Registry. There are also chances that the Internet history may get stored as Internet cookies too.

The System Restore should recover it for you, and there is no reason why your computer should be damaged. Once you do a restore and recover your history, you can copy the relevant items and keep them safe in your documents folder, then you can undo/roll back the Restore if you wish.

Here is a link to a good site which may help you.

Hi RickA.

The undelete tool can be cumbersome if you don't know exactly what you wish to restore. I have no idea the Chrome filenames you will be looking for. If you wish to try this method... (and it is but an idea and probably time consuming) you could check (tick) all that were modified on the date the tabs were erased. It can take a while for the undelete tool to work and it will display all altered files.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10886&d=1353686759

Perhaps after your scan is complete type in "index.dat" in the small search box of the undeleter to see if that finds the files for you.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

RickA

Mel is correct. The undelete can be complicated and cumbersome and requires knowledge of the exact files you are trying to undelete.

Here is some info for you regarding Index.dat files...

Index.dat files are hidden files on your computer that contain all tracks of your online activity, where have you been on internet, what sites you visited, list of URL-s, files and documents you recently accessed. Index.dat files stored on your computer are obviously a potential privacy threat as they can be found and viewed without your knowledge.

Why they exists?

Only Microsoft knows that for sure. According to them they are used to cache visited web sites and speed up Internet Explorer. The problem with this is it ' s simply not true: index.dat are hidden files that do not contain an actual web cache other than informations about your browsing habbits, they can ' t be deleted in any regular ways and there is absolutely no prove that those files in any way can speed up your browsing experience – they just sit there hidden and record where you have been on internet, simply as that.

Here is a link for the Analyser

Take your pick.

However I tink the System Restore option is the easiest.

Thanks a lot for the follow up! What do you guys mean by ASC rescue function? Scannan, thanks again for suggesting the system restore, but the reason I'm reluctant to use this option is my fear that I might not be able to undelete some files or take other actions first.. could this make any sense? I really don't know, because I know very little about informatics in general. But another reason, not as important, is that I think ASC deletes the registry information, besides having deleted all my cookies. So, with all the information deleted, I don't know if it would be able to restore the history, but if nothing else works I'll certainly try it

I've been trying in the last hour to undelete all index.dat, specially the one from chrome's folder. I've been using Recuva for that, that's a software I had some positive experience when an old hdd got broken. I've downloaded indexdat Analyzer plus other 3 indexdat viewers, but now its for sure, ASC deleted both index.dat from firefox and from chrome so to ensure my privacy. Chrome's index.dat file seems to have some problems when undeleting (I've enabled 'deep scan' in the hope that it might help in anyway), the file appears to be corrupt when recovered. Still, there's one positive discovery: Recuva can recover downloaded website information, so from those files (like images and so on) I might be able to find out which sites I visited, filtering by date. Of course it's going to take a long time, but not longer than if I'd have to search all those links again

Thank you very very much for caring and suggesting sollutions! if I find out how to do this I'll post as soon as I can

by the way, for a very weird reason ASC only doesn't delete the Internet Explorer's index.dat, unluckily for me I don't use IE anyhow

RickA

The ASC rescue function is where you can run the System Restore (see attached Screenshot)... if you open the Rescue centre and follow the instructions you will see howeasy it is to use.

ASC does not delete the Registry information, it rewrites it once it has removed the registry junk, but the restore system stores the information for the previous registries so it can restore the registry to previous states. So having deleted info will not affect the ability to restore to a previous state.

Also, understand that no deleted file is gone from your disc, they are simply disabled/removed from the file table. This is done by changing a 1 to a 0 in the file. That is how undelete works. It simply puts the file back to an abled state. The only time you will lose a file completely is if you delete it and then new data is written over the area of the disc where it was stored,,,or if you use a file shredder.

So, in effect, the more work you do on the disc after you do a file delete the more chance you create that you will not be able to recover it with undelete. This is particularly trye when a disc has little free space left.

As the internet history is in the Registry you would have been quite safe to do a system restore to a time before the history was deleted, as it would have restored the old Registry.

I think it would have been the easiest and safest solution for you, and I hope you lose your fear of the system restore, as it is a very useful tool for fixing problems.

However, you seem to have found a solution which you are comfortable with, and that is the most important thing. I hope all goes well.....AND BE SURE TO BOOKMARK YOUR IMPORTANT SITES IN FUTURE...

Scannan, thank you very much for your patience, all my previous attempts failed so I'm more than ready to try the Rescue function. I created a Restore Point and clicked on 'undo changes' for a period that, if I'm not mistaken, ASC created right before doing any changes on the pc (in Windows's System Restore there's only one previous point dating back to yesterday (the day my techinician blew things up), not a single other restore point available). It says it's 'done', all registry value were changed, but what do I do now?:/ Should I try again the index.dat Analyzer? I tried to, but do you know what should I do? Once more, thank you very much for the help, you have no idea of how much you are helping me!

Hi RickA.

Im not sure that I understand... are you saying you ran system restore and there was no gain and you seek other suggestions?

I tried running Iobit Undelete from the toolbox and then using the search box on it (after it completed its scan) typing in "index.dat" and it narrowed everything to only 7 files (out of over 37,000)!! (as per my suggestion in post #8) Perhaps that method will work after all??:grin:

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10888&d=1353712016

I also followed the above procedure but entered only .dat in the search box. About twenty items came out of that search, including the same 7 index.dat files... accompanied by about 12 dat files associated with various non browser softwares.

Don't be confused by the "modified on" column... It will show the date and the time that the Iobit undeleter located them as they had already been deleted (I think).

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Thank you Mel, the problem is that the only index.dat that are found, even after system restore, are the ones from microsoft's internet explorer, but I never use IE, only sometimes for emails. Usually I use Firefox or chrome, for my research I was using chrome because it loads faster. But now I can't find chrome's index.dat, even with the system restore trick. I can hardly believe I'll have to redo all my research, everything was basically ready, I was only lacking the time to put the information together in the text. All the days I spent searching for relevant information are gone, there's no way I'll be able to redo everything. But life is like that, it can't be simple, it's always against you. Thank you for your help, it was very kind of both of you to try to help me, thank you very much for your support! At least in some people we can always trust.

Hi Rick A.

As I don't use I.E. at all... only firefox... i wonder what the exact filename is for the files on my system that were deleted. (I think the last time I even opened IE was over a year and a half ago). What I am saying is that the deleted index.dat files located on my HD (that the Iobit undeleter found) are most likely associated with firefox and not IE as I also ran the ccleaner disk wiper just this last spring. It is only a suggestion that you may yet recover the chrome dat files using the Iobit undeleter... perhaps it is worth a shot?

I am going to run the undeleter again and look at each file out of curiosity, it only takes about 10 minutes.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

RickA

I am a bit concerned, that you chose "Undo Changes" rather than "Restore your Computer to an earlier time". The reason I say this is because " Undochanges is normally used if you have run a restore and are not happy and want to undo the restore. Restore to an earlier time allows you to pick a date before the bad incident occurred.

In the ASC system restore do you have only one other date available.??

It is possible also that your windows restore service is/was not enabled. If so then you may only have the one restore point which was created by ASC when your "Technician" ran it.

Also, Mel suggestion should be worth a try, and running the analyzer is also worth another go. Below is the locations where chrome stores the relevant files on various OS's.

Let us know what is available in the ASC system restore

in xp = C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\

in vista = C:\users\USER\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\

win7: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default

The User Data folder contains three files: Local State, Safe Browsing and Safe Browsing Filter, along with a folder called Default. Default in turn contains your browser cache, plugin data, and all of your cookies and history data

@Mel, thanks again for trying to help, but I did undelete the files, but to no avail, since with index.dat Analyzer I could only find IE links. As Scannan noted, apparently chrome's index.dat is recorded in a private chrome folder C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default. Using Recueva I could partially restore it (the index.dat file located in chrome's folder), but it won't read since it was almost destroyed/overwritten from when I inadvertently opened chrome, just to find out my tabs were all gone. ASC undelete doesnt find this index.dat file, only the index.dat that are recorded in Microsofts folders.

On the brightside..

@Scannan, you were absolutely right, restoring (instead of 'undoing' changes) the system to a previous state made me recover all my Firefox tabs. The problem is that my FF tabs were personal stuff, that I wanted to read later on but nothing really important, what I really need are my chrome tabs, and those remain erased. Even when restoring the system (I used System Restore because I didn't really understand how to do it with ASC) to previous states, if I open chrome it goes to the google page where I left (searching for ways to recover my history). All the tabs are still gone. I'm so close.. maybe it's possible to recover afterall:) thank you guys so much for the support, I'll keep looking now for some hours for other solutions. Do you suggest any additional steps to be taken?

I am sorry you are still having a problem. Unfortunately as I said previously, the more work you do trying to solve the problem, the more likelihood of overwriting files. Catch 22 situation.

The only thing I can think of left to try, is to look in the registry.

Click "Start", click "Run", type regedit in the box. Go. This takes you into the soul of your machine where everything ever done is stored.

Search the registry one key at a time and take note of the websites. you may recognise the ones you need. (The "keys" are all on the leftand say "Hkey... Each goes to a sector of the OS.) Write the URL down for later use.

DO NOT DELETE OR CHANGE ANYTHING!. The registry is sensetive. It doesn't mind if you look but gets cranky if you touch. Deleting/changing anything you are not certain of can create serious problems. It is best to make a copy of the registry before you begin, and keep the copy safe. That way if anything goes wrong, you can replace the registry with the copy you made.

There is no need to be nervous, as long as you just look and note the sites/URL's and do not alter anything.

Good Luck

Hi Scannan! Do you know where to find chrome's url registries? I could only find Internet Explorer's (though I didn't search for Firefox), I tried searching some folders but after realizing there are thousand registry folders I decided to only do this after I had some idea of where to find. Once again, thank you so much for all the help given, I hope I can repay you somehow

RickA

Firstly, we are glad to assist you if we can and repayment is absolutely unnecessary.

Sadly, as I said previously, looking in the registry really is a last resort, and you can see why now. I do not use Google Chrome, and so I cannot do any tests. I am trying to remember from the times when I did have to use Chrome.

Have a look at this link and try substituting Google for Microsoft and Google Chrome for IE.

Scannan, although I'd love to donate some money to you guys, if you'd accept it, I don't have the dough to, I'm a student.. income tends to 0. What I meant, with a bad choice of words, was that I'd be more than glad to help you somehow should you need or want it, but thanks for saying nevertheless that it's not necessary.

I did make some progress, and I hope you'll forgive me for some ramblings, but I think they'll be quite useful for other users with the same problem. I'm classifying the sollutions into 'Firefox' and 'Chrome', but first a little prelude. You were absolutely right about the Catch22 situation, the more I used my computer to fix it, the worst the problem got. I think that if I had undeleted the temp files in time (right after the accident), they wouldn't be overwritten and impossible to recover now. If they were recovered, I figure all I'd have to do would be to substitute the new files for them, basically copying and pasting (making a backup first of all folders involved!) them to their previous locations. I think that even if I had undeleted or increased System Restore's space for points, it would work well (for Firefox, see below)

Firefox sollutions:

1- Using Windows System Restore (ASC 'Rescue' function didn't do the trick, I don't know why). After I loaded a previous point, all I did was open the FF and voila, all my tabs were in place.

2- I found out ASC keeps a log of its deleted files [go to the 'Rescue' page and click on the dented wheel on the top, the first opened page will be the logs container], so that all it took for me to find all FF deleted urls was opening the log.txt and seeing which sites ("deleted http://www.....) were deleted by ASC actions. The log deleted according to a time order, so that the most recent deletions were also the most recent sites viewed.

3- Using undelete software. You can get good clues of which sites you visited by checking the deleted temp files with an undelete software search (like Recuva or Pandora, I like Pandora best because you can search inside temp files with an txt viewer, and this gives you even more sites info). There are History Viewer softwares for FF and its history. I'm sorry, but right now I can't remember exactly, I think I found an index.dat for FF, but there are so many ways of finding the links, I don't think it will be necessary. In all my attempts I kept stumbling upon all my FF urls all the time

Chrome:

Nothing worked.. though I think that if one goes to [username]\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Deafult and undelete everything and put it back there replacing all other files, it should work alright. I did find (with Recuva?) an index.dat inside a [username]\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\ folder, just can't remember where. But even if it does have an index.dat, I think Chrome uses sqlite (whatever that is), and anyhow the index.dat is useless (the one I found was partially overwritten and simply won't open). Using System Restore didn't work for me, and finding the url in the registry (you can find FF urls in the registry also, forgot to mention, a History Viewer software will probably have this function) was for me impossible, I have no idea of where it might be. There's no info on the net about this aswell. Chrome doesnt store web info like FF and IE, I was amazed to find out there are no url or other tmp files, just this (that exists in the folder and consequently was deleted by ASC):

Deleted C:\Users\[**user name**]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cache\data_0

Deleted C:\Users\[**user name**]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cache\data_1

Deleted C:\Users\[**user name**]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cache\data_2

Deleted C:\Users\[**user name**]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cache\data_3

Deleted C:\Users\[**user name**]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cache\f_000248

Deleted C:\Users\[**user name**]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cache\f_000249

Deleted C:\Users\[**user name**]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cache\f_00024a

Deleted C:\Users\[**user name**]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cache\f_00024b

Deleted C:\Users\[**user name**]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cache\f_00024c

Deleted C:\Users\[**user name**]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cache\f_00024d

Deleted C:\Users\[**user name**]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cache\f_00024e

Deleted C:\Users\[**user name**]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cache\f_00024f

Deleted C:\Users\[**user name**]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cache\f_000250

Deleted C:\Users\[**user name**]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cache\f_000251

Deleted C:\Users\[**user name**]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cache\f_000252

Deleted C:\Users\[**user name**]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cache\f_000253

Deleted C:\Users\[**user name**]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cache\f_000254

Deleted C:\Users\[**user name**]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cache\f_000255

Deleted C:\Users\[**user name**]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cache\f_000256

Deleted C:\Users\[**user name**]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cache\f_000257

Deleted C:\Users\[**user name**]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cache\index

Deleted C:\Users\[**user name**]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Media Cache\data_0

Deleted C:\Users\[**user name**]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Media Cache\data_1

Deleted C:\Users\[**user name**]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Media Cache\data_2

Deleted C:\Users\[**user name**]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Media Cache\data_3

Deleted C:\Users\[**user name**]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Media Cache\index

Deleted C:\Users\[**user name**]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Archived History

Deleted C:\Users\[**user name**]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Visited Links

Deleted C:\Users\[**user name**]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Current Tabs

Deleted C:\Users\[**user name**]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Top Sites

Deleted C:\Users\[**user name**]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\History Provider Cache

Deleted C:\Users\[**user name**]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Network Action Predictor

Deleted C:\Users\[**user name**]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\History Index 2012-11-journal

Deleted C:\Users\[**user name**]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\JumpListIcons\4C01.tmp

Deleted C:\Users\[**user name**]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\JumpListIcons\4C02.tmp

Deleted C:\Users\[**user name**]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\JumpListIconsOld\D8D3.tmp

Deleted C:\Users\[**user name**]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\JumpListIconsOld\D8D4.tmp

Deleted C:\Users\[**user name**]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Current Session

it all seems pretty generic, not like FF and IE. I've recovered a bunch of partially recovered files and as soon as I can (already lost too much time with this) I'll try runing apps for reading this stuff. But most of it is gone, being replaced with normal PC activity (specially surfing with FF searching for fixes).

Scannan and Mel, Thank you very much for bearing with me, you were always very sympathetic and I appreciate immensily the help and attention given. I can't do much but I wish you all the best! And at least a good day, or two!

Kind regards

EDIT: btw, I think "History Index 2012-11-journal", "History Provider Cache", "Current Tabs" and "Recent Visits" are all very good places to start searching, but I could'nt find those, I only found a partially overwritten Index 2012-10-journal that I'll investigate as soon as possible

RickA

Thank you very much for your great feedback. I am sure it will be very helpful to other users. We appreciate it.

We are very happy to help if we can, and your thanks is greatly appreciated.

Please feel free to ask for help at any time.

Forthe future you may want to have a look at This Backup Utility for Chrome. It may save you some grief again

Best Regards

RickA

Please look at this thread. In post #7, I attached a printscreen which shows how to open the Registry Change Logs and the Auto Care Logs in the ASC Rescue Centre.

You may be able to find your lost URL's there. It is a long shot but worth a look.

I have also sent you a PM (private Message) on this.

Hope it helps.

Hi Scannan, thanks for the interest but this sollution is already in my previous post, and unfortunally for chrome it doesn't work (I posted the deleted chrome files, it's stored under 'History Inder journal' file or something, it's not like FF or IE that stores under normal url types, so one can't guess which sites were deleted). One funny thing I did find was that looking inside the 'journal' file from this month (ie, 2012-11), although it was deleted by ASC, some of the supposed deleted links were still there (if I open it with a txt reader, like MS Notepad). But it is a huge mess, they are scattered without any order or reason. Right now I have absolutely no time to check for new sollutions, but using undelete software I have already stored everything that wasn't overwritten, I'll be looking foward for some heavy data mining days ahead.

I tried searching for Winfix sollutions too but nothing seems to apply to my case.

Thank you for suggesting the chrome backup program, but from now on I don't think I'll use chrome intead of FF and if it wasn't deleted so well I wouldn't be bothering with all this, so next time I simply won't call that "technician" anymore.

Best regards, if I find anything new on this I'll be posting it here

PS: for conspiracy theorists;) I searched inside many of google's files for links and what I found mostly awkward was that there were some file's adresses stored in them, I mean, files's adresses from other HDDs plugged into my PC that apparently had no connection to chrome lurking inside files from it's folder. Probably it's not Big Brother, it's just some glitch (I think that partially overwritten files could be doing this) or there is some mysterious connection I didn't get (like [torrent] files downloaded by chrome), but I find it awkward nevertheless

Archived