IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

sys tray icon

Hi barryjeffery,

Sometime, if the installation is not completed, users may encounter this bug.

Please confirm whether you have this incomplete installation bug fixed by reinstalling the program again.

If you still have this bug after a re-installation, please feedback to us.

systray icon

Hi, thanks for the reply, I have just re-installed the program but the problem still exists, all is well with the program I have just run the deep care module and I know my machine is in good condition so its just a bit annoying seeing the icon

Hi barryjeffery,

To look into this error, please provide us with the following information:

1. Did you still get this problem even after you change the settings?

2. If the system tray icon always display real-time protection off, please download the attached file and put it into the program installation folder C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Advanced SystemCare with Antivirus 2012. Then please open Advanced SystemCare with Antivirus 2012 -> click Settings under the Antivirus module of the program main interface -> click Protect in the Antivirus Settings window -> change the real-time protection status to see whether the status of the system tray icon change accordingly.

3. Right click the system tray icon -> tick Turn on Real-time Protection or Turn off Real-time Protection to see whether the system tray icon status change accordingly. Please also monitor whether the system tray icon status is in accord with program main interface status.

After you finished the steps above, please check whether there are ASCAntivirusService.log, ASCAntivirusService.log.bak1, and asc5_Service_

Bugreprot.txt in the program installation folder. You may only find one or two of them, please package all the files you find and send it to us.

Then please kindly download the test tool from http://wikisend.com/download/584524/InfoCollect.exe -> double click to run this tool and click Save report to Desktop. Send us this report too.

You can send these information to support@iobit.com.

Thanks very much for taking time to help us perform the test.

• 6 months later...
Hi, am using ASC with antivirus beta 2.1 and after updating the software a few days ago the sys tray icon reports that real time protection is off however, settings say it is on, anyone else with this problem? Cheers

Yep! I have the same problem. I woke up this morning to ASC Ultimate on my Netbook. I have the same issue. Icon says Real Time Protection is "Off".

When I open the program, it says it's "ON". Who's telling the Truth? The Main Program Console or the System Tray Icon? Is it Really "ON" or is it "OFF"?

I noticed also in, "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties", "Customize"... in the List of Icons, I don't see an Icon that says "Advanced System Care Ultimate"... I just see one for "Advanced System Care Ultimate Real Time Protection Off".

Hi AspireOneNetbook,

Please follow the instructions below to see how it works. :wink:

Please download our improved file ASCInit.exe from http://wikisend.com/download/166262/ASCInit.exe and put it into program installation folder (Right click the program desktop shorcut icon and select Open file location) to replace the original file there.

Then please double click Wizard.exe in the program installation folder to run it. Then please check whether the status in System Tray and the program interface is the same.

No matter the problem can be fixed or not by the solution, please download the test tool from http://wikisend.com/download/459940/GetInfo_Ultimate.exe

Then double click to run this tool again and click “Save report to Desktop”. Then you will get zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop. Please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Solution Works

Hi AspireOneNetbook,

Please follow the instructions below to see how it works. :wink:

Please download our improved file ASCInit.exe from http://wikisend.com/download/166262/ASCInit.exe and put it into program installation folder (Right click the program desktop shorcut icon and select Open file location) to replace the original file there.

Then please double click Wizard.exe in the program installation folder to run it. Then please check whether the status in System Tray and the program interface is the same.

No matter the problem can be fixed or not by the solution, please download the test tool from http://wikisend.com/download/459940/GetInfo_Ultimate.exe

Then double click to run this tool again and click “Save report to Desktop”. Then you will get zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop. Please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Hi! I'm Back! Your solution worked perfectly. Boom! Just like that! 8:)

Where do you want me to send the IObit_Debug_Info.zip file? I don't want to attach it here, where it will be available to the forum.

• 1 year later...

Hi IObit, same problém appears for me, systray icon say the online protection is OFF but in program say The protection is ON. Where i can download ASCInit.exe to fix it ? On wikisend.com unfortunately isnt. Thanks for reply. Iam using ASC ultimate 7.1 in Win 7

Archived