IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Advanced Systemcare license converter?

nuriochi_sol

I had a pop-up just now that read the following:

"Advanced Systemcare License Converter"

It listed my current license for Pro, grey and crossed out, with a new license below it. Then a button that read "Export License Code". I was surprised it didn't say "Import", but either way it seemed fishy.

Has any one else seen this? I DIDN'T push the button, but simply closed the window. My program is unchanged and is working fine.

I use Vista 64bit and have pop-up blockers and ABP on my browser. Firewall's up. Anti-virus is up to date, etc.

Seemed suspicious and wanted to know what others thought or experienced.

ASC license converter !!

Hi,

I also received a pop-up with this as subject but NO supporting info whatsoever.

In these times, why should I trust this?. Surely, surely, the supplier could give some re-assurance that it is, indeed, really from them.....

Whether indeed from the originator or a 'nasty' other person, it reduces my confidence extremely in the ASC company. If from them then terrible, poor delivery message/mechanism, or, if from a third party, then I suggest I should be concerned about compromises/security from them....the supplying company.

Regards,

David

why not give us more information with the popup

I too received this message earlier today and sent a message to support. There is no way I will trust a popup with so little information to back it up. I'm glad to see that the popup is valid but it seems strange that IObit would deliver something in such a manner. :roll:

Not thrilled either for another reason...

Clicking on the "X" on the pop up resulted in the file downloading to my computer anyway. It's a notepad file with the license code. Check your download target folder guys, it's probably there. I knew I should have stopped the process through task manager (presuming it was there), but acted to hastily.

I heard back from my request to their customer service (posted here because I thought I'd get a quicker response - and I did). They confirmed that it's legit, but no mention at all of the weird delivery system.

Very poor form, imo.

I haven't noticed any pop-up with regards to license

I did notice that when I click on Manage Licenses it does show a correct license expiration date in April 2012.

My question is this and I am only asking it on this thread because I couldn't find another place to post my question. The question does have to do with ASC licenses.

Will IObit be offering a lifetime or multi-year license hopefully at a discount8-) for ASC or IMF for that matter or will they continue to be for only 12 months.

Thanks

Guys,

Please indicate your exact versions and build #s of ASC so that it is understood which version is behaving accordingly.

@Buddahfan,

If I were IObit, I would seriously consider multiple year licenses for IObit products with discounts.

Thanks and cheers.

Advanced SystemCare License Converter

Well thta's a big relief to hear that it's legit, but I'm afraid I found this pop up extremely unsettling as well. Nothing is more suspicious than Security Software message telling you that it needs to change itself without any further explanation provided!

I would have thought that an official email requesting that the user logs on to their account at the iobit website or to bring up an appropriate message on the ASC control panel, would be a wiser approach.

Geoff

Archived