IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC Setting to clear clipboard stops Copy/Paste functionality

Aurak

I (and a few other people on the Windows Answers forums) found that using Advanced System Care and Smart Ram's settings to keep Clipboard memory clear/optimised/whatever stops copy/paste from working 99% of the time.

It becomes near impossible to copy any text (except by mashing ctrl + c for a couple of minutes with only a small amount of text highlighted), and copying files or images is impossible. The only way to rectify it is to go through each of the settings for quick scan, deep scan, and Smart Ram's settings, and then deselect Clipboard in each.

Hi Aurak... welcome to the Iobit forums!

It is the Clean Clipboard function in SmartRam that is the culprit... only if you activate the automatic function of SmartRam. If it is not running in the background, the clean clipboard function will not interfere with normal operation of the Copy/Paste function. The other clipboard functions will only wipe the clipboard once during a repair and thus will not cause loss of functionality.

Thank you for your post!:-D

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Thanks Aurak!

From the answer there:

I finally got it fixed! Turns out it was a setting in my Iobit Advanced Care software. The memory management and "junk files cleanup" was messing with the clipboard. All I had to do was open Iobit Advanced Care, go to "settings" and uncheck the "clipboard" boxes in the "Quick Care" and "Deep Care" settings, and presto! All fixed.

I believe the phrase "memory management" is a reference to the SmartRam function.:wink:

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Ah ok. They had no reference at all to Smart Ram by name, and so memory management and junk files came across to me as being purely within ASC, especially since they commented only on quick scan and deep scan being changed. Either way, it would be an idea to mark that setting on the screen so users can see it could stop them copy/pasting.

Agreed... a good idea!!:-D

Ah ok. They had no reference at all to Smart Ram by name, and so memory management and junk files came across to me as being purely within ASC, especially since they commented only on quick scan and deep scan being changed. Either way, it would be an idea to mark that setting on the screen so users can see it could stop them copy/pasting.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Archived