IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC New Version Available ?? (Sept 30 2012)

Scannan

Hi Scannan

It is version ASC6 β 3 I wager, :-)

http://forums.iobit.com/showpost.php?p=83227&postcount=1

Cheers

solbjerg

I am running ASC V6 Beta 2. Today when I started my pc I got a message "there is a new version of ASC available".

Does anyone know what this new version is. Is it a new version of ASC V5 ??.

I checked Iobit site but there is no indication of what version it is.

Hi Soljberg

That was my first suspicion, but it would be very unusual to offer a new BETA version as simply "a new version available" without stating that it is a Beta.

Is this notice only going out to present Beta users, or is it going out to all ASC users. I ask this because if it is going out to all users, surely it should state that it is a Beta version.

Update: just investigated further, and yes it is V6 Beta 3.0. So the only question is if the notice only goes out to present Beta users.

Hi Scannan

This I don't know.

I agree that it ought to mention that it is a beta version - unless the link takes you to a site that offers the beta version - but even so for clearness of message it ought to say beta.

It is a plausible guess that it is only offered to those that are beta testers/users.

I use version 5.4 so I cannot help you decide - you could PM Cicely to get it cleared up.

Cheers

solbjerg (sol=sun -bjerg= hill/mountain) :-) name of my small farm

Hi Soljberg

That was my first suspicion, but it would be very unusual to offer a new BETA version as simply "a new version available" without stating that it is a Beta.

Is this notice only going out to present Beta users, or is it going out to all ASC users. I ask this because if it is going out to all users, surely it should state that it is a Beta version.

Update: just investigated further, and yes it is V6 Beta 3.0. So the only question is if the notice only goes out to present Beta users.

Archived