IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Error appears when i run ASC help!

crish

every time i try to run asc an error message like the following appears:

"winsrv.exe - System error

The program can not start because it is missing Activity.dll in the computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

I can actually still use ASC with no visible problems, but I would like to know the reason of that warning message.

note: the original message was in spanish and translated by me, hope that is well understood, please help me, thanks!

Hi crish,

Thanks for your feedback.

I reported the error message on your PC to our related programmers. It is found that " winsrv.exe" and " Activity.dll" do not come from ASC. You need to re-install the program that with " winsrv.exe" and " Activity.dll" . You can find " winsrv.exe" in Process and right click it . Then choose " Open file location" to find find the related program.

Thanks for choosing IObit to care your PC.

I did what you told me, and found that those files belong to a keylogger that I don't remember installing, so I uninstalled it and the warning message isn't appearing anymore, thank you so much for the help

• 7 years later...

There are multiple reasons that may cause winsrv.exe errors. These include Windows registry issues, malicious software, faulty applications, etc.Error messages related to the winsrv.exe file can also indicate that the file has been incorrectly installed, corrupted or removed. You can follow some steps to resolve this error-

1. Create Restore point for Windows (not available in Windows XP). Restore point will help you to revert changes, if something'll go wrong.
  2. Press F3 key to open standard search window. Than type 'winsrv.exe' into search box. In couple of minutes, seconds if you're lucky, Windows will find all the copies.
  3. Try to locate program, to which the process winsrv.exe belongs. Than try to uninstall that program in a standard way.
    For example, if winsrv.exe is found in folder C:\Program Files\Dummy game\**some subfolder**, it most probably belongs to "Dummy game" software package.
  4. If your problem persist and you are not able to remove file that way, go to the search results (step 2) and try to manually delete all the occurrences of winsrv.exe.
    Note: If the process is running, you will not be able to delete the file. In such situation, you must stop the process via Task manager (right click on Windows task bar, select "Task manager". In Task Manager windows, click "Processes" pane. Than select winsrv.exe and press "Delete" key).
  5. Some malware can hide itself under different names (so-called 'clones'). To remove such self-hiding program, use specialized tool "EasyRemove".

Hope this will help.

Thank You!