IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

What does Active Optimize do exactly?

Jon Duke

I read the description and all, but can I get a more in depth explanation? As well as if it will improve my computers performance, not hurt it. I'm looking for an answer from a mod or something, but if you know your stuff, that's great!

I'm really curious weather or not I should use this.

I'm using Windows 8, got a 3.2 quad core and 8GB of 1600 RAM.

Jon Duke

Active Optimise looks at your usage profile. It then decides which Processes you do not normally use and disables them. As to whether it improves your computer efficiency....only you can decide that. ASC gives you the facilities, how you use them determines whether it improves efficiency or not.

process values

Hi Jon,

merrily hidden away in windows7 and earlier versions, not sure about W8, is a programme ranking option, came across it a while back, if i remember rightly its in task manager. (just checked its not but i will find it!) UPDATE yes it is Process>select prog>Rightclick>setPriority>pick 1-6,Low-High.

Basically it assignes a priority value of low/normal/high, it is user changable.

This is what active optimise changes.

Ergo its worthwhile using it.

NB Active optimise only changes the value for your session.

IF you change the values, as described above they will become permanent Leave them alone if you dont know what your doing.

Roy

• 6 years later...

Even computers with the powerful third and fourth generation i7 Gigahertz processing power and Gigabytes of RAM need to be optimized. If you use your computer on a daily basis, you may not realize that it is getting slower by the day. The computer registry gets cluttered with useless registry keys and it just is not smart enough to get rid of the clutter on its own. The computer hard drive also gets cluttered with useless files that can and will slow your PC to a crawl if not properly optimized on a daily basis. Everything done on a computer whether programs are installed and uninstalled or simple tasks like web browsing are kept in the registry until it is cleaned out or optimized. A knowledgeable computer person can optimize the registry manually if he has way too much time on his hands but that is not recommended. If the wrong registry keys are deleted, the computer will become very unstable often unbootable. This is where a registry optimization program comes in handy.