IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

During Boot Defrag getting a "Failed"

Jackdashack

When a defrag is done on my new Win 8 pc I notice near the end there is I believe something that begins with

EFI and it said at the end of the line FAILED

Still the computer seems to run fine, no problems. What is this EFI and why is it FAILING?

Appreciate any solutions? Jack ":-D

Hi Jackdashack ,Thanks for your feedbacks.Do you mean the issue happened after the Registry Defrag? Please describe it more clearly with related screenshots? Guide for taking screenshot.

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

Looking forward to hearing from you.

It happens during the boot defrag. You know how fast that moves along on a new pc. You can barely read it and there's no way to get a screenshot that I know of during a blue screen process. Now the odd thing is I just selected EVERY BOOT in the program. Booted it twice and the whole process of defrag seemed to show only about half the defrag processes. The EFI think did not come up either time. I was going to try to do it as many times as I needed to get the whole line to type here. But now I can't even do that. So I guess this question is moot for the time. Sorry. Again, there's nothing that seems to be wrong with the pc. But I'm pretty sure that the line starts with EFI defra or some such. I guess I'll try to watch closely until I can see that line appear again. ??? Thanks so much! ":-\\

Archived