IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

If i renew, and get the 2 extra keys, how long do i have to activate those keys?

BorisV

Basically, as above... but can it be anytime within 12 months of the renewal?

At the moment there is the renewal offer for the 23.98 dollars and you get 3 lots of keys for ASC pro, and some other software bundled in too.

It seems a good deal and I would certainly use one of the 3 lots of keys straight away for my PC.

However, my sister is getting a new laptop in about 3 months. If I then gift her one of the keys will she still be able to activate it in March 2014? And if she did so, would she still get a full 12 months protection, like up to March 2015? Or would she only be covered up to January 2015?

More importantly, I am planning to build a new PC in 10 months time, with an entirely new motherboard and processor, and possibly a solid state drive. Would it be possible for me to use the last of the three keys, purchased in January, as late ahead as in October 2014? And would that give me ASC pro coverage up to October 2015, for my new PC? Or would it end in January 2015?

The promotional page is not clear on this:

http://purchase.iobit.com/2014/newyear/index.php?ref=a7asc&from=other

In a nutshell, what my question boils down to, are the three keys that come with this renewal promotion only valid from January 2014 to January 2015?

BorisV

Licensing matters are usually dealt with by Cicely who is the Iobit liaison to the forum. You should send a PM (Private Mesage) to Cicely outlining your question and reference this thread.

I would assume however, that once you activate the first licence, that all three licences would be valid for twelve months from that date. If they were to have twelve months from the activation date of each individual licence, then you would effectively have three years cover for the cost of one licence. I do not think Iobit would be very profitable in such a case.

Well, I'm not expecting nor planning to activate one license after the other of the course of three years. It is, after all, one licence per computer.

So the last thing I expect Iobit to do is allow a user to be able to activate his second and third licence (purchased in January 2014) in January 2015, and then January 2016 even.

As you say it would be unprofitable, and I agree, detrimental to the company.

The angle I'm coming from is that provided that one of the other two licenses are activated within 12 months of the main purchase, would that provide the user with 12 months cover on their computers?

And hypothetically, if they activated their key on December 21st 2014, would they be covered by ASC Pro until 21st December 2015?

But if they have not activated their licence by like 5th or 7th January 20, would the licence then be made null and void? (Something I see as perfectly fair).

As you say however, Cicily is the person in the know so I will forward Cicily a message highlighting this post. Even if it they can't be activated 10 months down the line, it would be good to know how soon they should be activated in order to ensure 12 months cover, and how long it can potentially held onto.

(As in my circumstance I would like to keep one of the licences on hold until October 2014 for my new PC I plan on building, would be good to know if that is viable)

Hi BorisV, welcome to IObit Forum! :-D

Before you get an answer from Cicely, I will share my understanding of the licensing of multiple PCs by IObit.

I think you will get 1 (one) licence number for 3 PCs and as soon as the license is activated for only 1 PC, the expiry time of 1 year will start for the licence, so activating another PC later will not change the expiry date of the license for all PCs.

Certainly, if you get 3 different numbers for 3 licenses, than the expiry date of each will start at the date when each license number is activated.

The link you have provided is for a special deal and who knows, it can differ than what I thought. :smile:

Cheers.

Hi BorisV,

Thanks for your questions.

For the issue " If i renew, and get the 2 extra keys,", do you mean that you got a license code for ASC Pro for 3 PCs and present 1 PC to your sister? If so, the license code you presented to your sister still have 12 months service time as you have.

But the service time of the license codes for IObit counts from the day you purchased ( renewed). E.g: If you renew or buy a license code for 3 PCs on 2014-01-07. The license code will expire on 2015-01-07 no matter you use it or not.

Thanks for choosing IObit to care your PC.

Thanks for responses, so in a nutshell, (sorry, I like that saying, it's based on a copy of the illiad that was stored in a nutshell, random history fact for the day) the three keys all activate from time of purchase and run out around this time next year, right?

If that is the case, which it appears to be, I'm probably going to go for it anyway. Just that the copy I was going to hold aside for October, i'll give to another family member instead, for them to activate now.

So, the above is pretty much right, right?

A simple 'that's right' will suffice as an answer :)

Thanks for responses, so in a nutshell, (sorry, I like that saying, it's based on a copy of the illiad that was stored in a nutshell, random history fact for the day) the three keys all activate from time of purchase and run out around this time next year, right?

So, the above is pretty much right, right?

A simple 'that's right' will suffice as an answer :)

That's right.

Cheers.

Archived