IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Disk scan error [FIXED]

eccentriccs

Hi all,

I have ASC 7 Ultimate and have been having problems with the disk scan. I've tried Google and searching the forums here, but haven't found anything helpful so far.

Whenever I run a disk scan on my computer, it freezes at 32% and I end up having to restart my computer. Waiting doesn't help; I've tried leaving it for a couple of hours and coming back, only to find that the computer has completely frozen and I have to restart to get out of power saving mode even.

The thing is, when I was using the free version of ASC 7, I did not have this problem. It was only when I got the full version that I started having problems. I'd really like to know if there is a way of fixing this.

I'm using a Fujitsu laptop (LH530, it's been with me for over 3 years now) and I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium.

I'd really appreciate any help on this point - thanks so much!

Hi eccentrics,

Welcome to IObit Forum.:-)

Does it freeze at 32% every time you do a disk can? Do you mean that not only the scan process freezes at 32% and also your computer is frozen when the scan hangs at 32%?

Please send us the related screenshots of the scan interface when the scan freezes.

Guide for taking screenshot.

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/gen...screenshot.htm

Besides, please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelperV7.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktopâ€. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop and please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hi enoskype,

Thanks very much for your timely and kind reply.:oops:

Hi,

I tried running the disk scan again this evening. On coming back, it was complete and the computer was working perfectly fine - no lag, no slowdown, nothing. So I guess maybe the fix took a little while to work, or I was previously too impatient.

In any case, I do have the IObit bug report as well, but seeing as everything seems to be back to normal I won't send it unless you'd like to take a look anyway.

Thank you for the prompt response and help - I really appreciate it. :)

Hi,

I tried running the disk scan again this evening. On coming back, it was complete and the computer was working perfectly fine - no lag, no slowdown, nothing. So I guess maybe the fix took a little while to work, or I was previously too impatient.

In any case, I do have the IObit bug report as well, but seeing as everything seems to be back to normal I won't send it unless you'd like to take a look anyway.

Thank you for the prompt response and help - I really appreciate it. :)

Hi eccentriccs,

Happy to hear the good news.

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to tell us.

Cheers!;-)

• 5 years later...

follow these instructions:

1. Right-click on the Start icon.
  2. Click Open Windows Explorer.
  3. On the left side of the window, click Computer.
  4. At the Hard Disk Drives section, right-click on the volume you want to check for errors.
  5. Click Properties.
  6. Go to the Tools Tab.
  7. At the Error-checking section click Check now.

Hope this will help

Best Regards

• 4 months later...

In Windows 8, Microsoft has redesigned chkdsk utility – the tool for detecting and fixing disk corruption. In Windows 8, Microsoft introduced a file system called ReFS, which does not require an offline chkdsk to repair corruptions – as it follows a different model for resiliency and hence does not need to run the traditional chkdsk utility.

The disk is periodically checked for file system errors, bad sectors, lost clusters, etc., during Automatic Maintenance and you now no longer need to really go and run it. In fact, Windows 8 now even exposes the state of the file-system and disk via the Action Center or under the Drive properties in File Explorer. If potential errors are found, you will be informed about it. You can continue to use the computer, while the scan is carried out in the background. If errors are found, you may be prompted via a notification to restart your computer.

To begin the scan, right-click on the Drive which you wish to check and select Properties. Next, click on Tools tab and under Error-checking, click on the Check button. This option will check the drive for file system errors.

If the system detects that there are errors, you will be asked to check the disk. If no errors are found, you will see a message – You don’t need to scan this drive. You can, nevertheless, choose to check the drive. Click on Scan drive to do so.

The scanning starts. I found that the process ran quite fast and the scanning was over in less than 5 minutes.

If errors are found, you will see the following message:

Restart your computer to repair the file system. You can restart right away or schedule the error fixing on next restart.

To run Check Disk on your System Drive ©, using the command line, type the following and hit Enter:

chkdsk /f C:

If required, restart your computer.

I hope this is helpful!

Lewis Bert