IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC removed, still causing start-up trouble...

kylerob

I installed ASC Free recently (not sure which version since System Restore removed it). Ran it, it made a lot of changes and seemed fine. Next time I went to boot up, Windows wouldn't start up. It just hung at the "pulsating windows" icon... So I did a hard reboot and System Repair was launched, and I did a System Restore and Windows launched, having removed ASC. The problem is that this cycle happens every time at start-up now (it hangs on the pulsating windows icon, have to do a hard reboot, run System Repair and System Restore). Any idea what's causing this? The only vestige I can find of the ASC installation is an ntuser.dat.iobit file - can I safely remove that file, and would that possibly solve the start-up problem?

I installed ASC Free recently (not sure which version since System Restore removed it). Ran it, it made a lot of changes and seemed fine. Next time I went to boot up, Windows wouldn't start up. It just hung at the "pulsating windows" icon... So I did a hard reboot and System Repair was launched, and I did a System Restore and Windows launched, having removed ASC. The problem is that this cycle happens every time at start-up now (it hangs on the pulsating windows icon, have to do a hard reboot, run System Repair and System Restore). Any idea what's causing this? The only vestige I can find of the ASC installation is an ntuser.dat.iobit file - can I safely remove that file, and would that possibly solve the start-up problem?

Hi kylerob,

Sorry for the troubles. :-( Could you please reinstall Advanced SystemCare v8 from http://www.iobit.com/downloadcenter.php?product=asc8-dl

If the issue occurs again, please send us the photo of hung at the "pulsating windows" icon for us to look into.

Then please try restart your computer in Safe Mode. To restart the computer in Safe Mode, press F8 before the Windows loading animation begins and select "Safe Mode with Networking" from the menu.

(Or please start your computer and choose Last Known Good Configuration)

Then, please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelperV8.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop and please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Thanks very much for your work.

Archived