IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Malware Removal on older versions of ASC

Scannan

How do older versions of ASC such as ASC 6.4 for example detect Malware. Is the Malware database automatically updated on a regular basis, or does it only detect malware from the database at the time it was installed, which means it would not remove newer malware types.

Hi Scannan,

Yes, as ASC is a system optimization product, it will not update so frequently as antivirus or antimalware products. This is why we usually suggest users to use ASC with antivirus product together.

The database in ASC is updated each time when ASC is updated, so it is suggested to install the latest version of ASC.

Hope I have made this concern clear. :oops:

Hi Cicely

Thank you for reply.

This means that the Malware function of ASC is only effective for a day or two when ASC is first installed. Any new malware released in the days after ASC is installed will not be removed as it is not included in the database. Therefore if the next update of ASC does not occur for a few months, then the user is vulnerable to infection. Additionally, the user may not be aware that this is the case, and may assume that they have always got up to date protection.

Also, if the user is happy with an older version of ASC, and does not wish to update, then they have to run a risk.

I think that this is a serious oversight/weakness in ASC, and a method of updating the malware removal database for all versions of ASC should be looked into.

I agree that users should have a dedicated Malware program in addition to ASC, but a user who downloads ASC at any time should expect to have up to date protection, and not protection which may be days/weeks or months out of date, depending on how long after the release date of ASC, they download the program.

Hi Scannan,

I think this is why users also need an antivirus product and anti-malware product in addition to ASC. We do not designed ASC as an antivirus product or anti-malware product like ASC Ultimate and IMF.

However, as you know, we do update ASC frequently to better care users' computers. Of course, any concerns related to better user experience will be taken into serious consideration in developing the product.:-)

Thanks. Just to confirm, ASC is not an anti virus or an anti malware but an optimization utility, is this correct? 1.gif

Yes, it is designed for system optimization. But several protect features are also included for better system care.:oops:

Archived