IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC deactivates Windows

pastmac

I have a Lenovo B590 Running Windows 8 and one with 8.1. When I run ASC all seems good but shortly after I start getting a message that I must activate windows. Before the ASC all is good but after it has deactivated my windows. Any suggestions as this is a big problem. I have used ASC for years on all kinds of computers and never had a problem until now. Thanks for thoughts.

Not sure what a screenshot is going to show you. I simply now get messages that says my windows needs to be activated. Before running ASC 8.3 I had no problems and it was activated. Now after running it it is deactivated. I had a simular problem a couple of years ago with a computer an ASC and it had to do with the registry being cleaned and defragged. When I unchecked that part all was ok after running the program. That was on a Lenovo computer as well. I have not tried that on this one yet as I have to do a reload now since the activation has timed out after running ASC. I may just have to stop using the program rather than go through all this.

By the way it really is impossible for me to send the screen shot as the windows is not deactivated and won't load without a key and that is a digtal key on a Lenovo product so my only option is to reload the system and start all over again.

Hi pastmac,

For looking into the issue, please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelperV8.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop, please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Ok here is the report for you. Remember this was done after reloading the system after it was locked out regarding the deactivation problem. As to the person sighting something else I repeat this has happened on 2 Lenovo systems only after running ASC. When I stopped allowing the registry check and defrag on the first one it did not do it anymore. Never had the problem at all until ASC was run on both systems. I have multiple other units in my office that have not had the problem but only on the Lenovo units. Thanks much. (I don't see the report attached so not sure if it worked. I have tried it several times so if you don't get it please advise how to upload it for you. It is on my desktop waiting .

the report you posted was for a standard version of W8.1, when you reinstalled, on the 3/4 July, did you reinstall the correct version, ie as was originally installed, core> enterprise> pro etc, if not then you will never be able to activate it with the embedded bios key. Pop over to the Eight forum for more info sub section updates and activation, and follow the advice in the first sticky.

Roy

I used the one key restore that comes on a lenovo and installs it back to factory. It comes from their restore partition drive. The activation then works but when I install ASC and run it then the windows key is lost and windows is deactivated. As long as i do not run ASC all is good.

I used the one key restore that comes on a lenovo and installs it back to factory. It comes from their restore partition drive. The activation then works but when I install ASC and run it then the windows key is lost and windows is deactivated. As long as i do not run ASC all is good.

What exactly do you mean when you say..."Run ASC"....do you mean the issue occurs just by opening ASC....does it happen only when you run scans....does it happen only when you do repairs....does it happen when you run all functions....or a particular function.

Did you try running one scan at a time to try to identify which function is causing the issue......I recommend you ensure that Deep Clean in registry fix is NOT selected and then see if the issue still occurs.

Archived