X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install – Uninstall - Reinstall – Upgrade to newer version

Install – Uninstall - Reinstall – Upgrade to newer version

Install:
    An install from a downloaded file always starts with a download.
    The best way today (if not always) - given the security measures that came in with SP2 - is to download the file to a folder in (on) your computer.
    Scan the folder for virus with your antivirus application.
    Right click on the install file and choose (Properties)
    Remove the blocking from the file.
    Then click on the .exe file and Install it.

After the install - check the configurations and settings in the programs and in the add-ins and choose those you need or want.
    Then run it – AND check ALL Details under each post - before running the repair! Set it as you think you need or want.
    Remember that you can use the Ignore list to keep items you do not want to clean out!
    If you do it like that, there should be minimal chance of something going wrong.

Uninstall:
    If you encounter problems you can't solve, it is often a good idea to uninstall the program and install it again.
    The way to do that with the least chance of something going wrong is to – uninstall – and then remove the AWC folder – after that I recommend that you clean up your registry with another application (for example CCleaner) - then install the newest AWC download version from step one.

Reinstall / Upgrade to newer version:
    If you do not have any problems with your AWC it should be sufficient to download a newer version and install it without removing the previous one.
    (It's done automatically by the Install program)
    That way all your settings will continue as before.
    If you have problems follow the Uninstall procedure

As detailer supplemented: Make sure that no application in the program or the program itself is running in the background, when upgrading or installing/uninstalling.

To make as few mistakes as possible, I think it is the most prudent course of action to leave the automatic functions unchecked, until one has familiarized oneself with the functioning of the program and have configured the details and placed ones preferences in the ignore list.
    After that feel free to use the automatic functions, - but remember to deactivate them before upgrading or reinstalling a program.

Ccleaner can be found here: http://www.ccleaner.com/
    it's not the only one around, but it is nice and can be downloaded for free
    太阳山 (solbjerg)
    Ceterum censeo Usage of IObit Products esse legendum
    (Furthermore I think that Usage of IObit Products must be read)
    Itemized subjects Table of content
    In relation to defragmentation Think about defragmentation
    Clean Install concept Clean Install
    Introduction to the Forum Forum Guidelines

Thanks for the post. Although I wouldn't consider myself an expert, I am pretty savvy. I've been getting " stuff" to work for many years. I actually did remove the sw and re-d/l it and got the same result. I'll try to "redo" it one more time just to be sure. I tried it on a completely different computer at a different location and got it to at least start the defrag but it too ended up hanging.
    Thanks
    Running XP SP2 and IE7

Comment

Old "clutter" from previous installs had better be removed.
      Remember that a defragmentation requires at least 15% free space on the harddisk
      太阳山 (solbjerg)

Comment

It seems that IObit Guy and the SD team have released a new version of SD that helps out with the crashes and hang-ups. You can get it here http://www.iobit.com/files/smartdefrag2.exe

Also,
        Anyone that uses CCleaner should make sure to uncheck the box that clears the prefetch folder in the cleanup operation of CCleaner. There is no need to clear your prefetch folder EVER- the folder will automatically clean itself up and purge old/unused entries when necessary or when the limit is reached. I'm pretty sure that the makers of CCleaner have already disabled this option by default for this reason.

Comment

PRO Version Upgrade wont accept License

Am having trouble with version upgrade from Professional 3.01 to 3.1.1. finally got it downloaded with FREE, but wont accept the license. I have 156 days left on paid license, so should be able to load it. But says I need to buy it. Any suggestions?

Like to recommend better process for downloading version and other upgrades. To be continually sent to the CNET with no mention of version, load free version, then enter seems cumbersome. Thanks, appreciate any help at all.

Comment

Hi cjbranen
            Take a look in post #2 in this post: http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=1761
            Cheers
            solbjerg

Originally posted by cjbranen View Post
            Am having trouble with version upgrade from Professional 3.01 to 3.1.1. finally got it downloaded with FREE, but wont accept the license. I have 156 days left on paid license, so should be able to load it. But says I need to buy it. Any suggestions?

Like to recommend better process for downloading version and other upgrades. To be continually sent to the CNET with no mention of version, load free version, then enter seems cumbersome. Thanks, appreciate any help at all.
            太阳山 (solbjerg)

Comment

Hi,
              Before i upgrade (if this is an upgrade) from ASC Free ver.3.1.1 to ASC Pro ver.3.1.2 is there anything i should know?

Will I have to unistall first?
              Pros\Cons?
              Will my settings be lost?
              And how does the TrialPay Work?
              Can someone please explain what i will have to trial?

Thanks

Comment

Hi Matt
                Upgrade? In many ways yes, but you loose a couple of the extras, so it depends whether you see that as good or a bad thing
                Pro versus con
                Pro's - you will be sure that you have a clean program with the least chance that something will be wrong if you do a clean install, - but if you haven't experienced trouble with the previous, it should be OK to install over the top as we say.
                Con's - you will have to configure it all again (usually) especially the details under "Problems" before running a repair. Pay most attention to System Optimize!!
                As for Trialpay - take a look here: http://www.iobit.com/IObit_Holiday_N...Christmas.html
                Cheers
                solbjerg

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                Hi,
                Before i upgrade (if this is an upgrade) from ASC Free ver.3.1.1 to ASC Pro ver.3.1.2 is there anything i should know?

Will I have to unistall first?
                Pros\Cons?
                Will my settings be lost?
                And how does the TrialPay Work?
                Can someone please explain what i will have to trial?

Thanks
                太阳山 (solbjerg)

Comment

Ok thanks solbjerg

Might give it a miss, i live in Europe and ive never heard of those shops before, plus this scared me;

General
                  You can edit your TrialPay Account Information at any time. We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the TrialPay service, such as service announcements and administrative messages that are considered part of your TrialPay account, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.

Is there a link to downloading it without the trialpay feature?

Comment

Hi Matt,

Have a look at here .

You may still get a valid license, certainly worth trying.
                    Note:
                    You don't have to install again, when you enter the code it will be PRO. You can install the newer version then.
                    Cheers.
                    enoskype

- Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and belongs to the man who can appreciate it. -

Comment

enoskype your da man....thanks

Comment

Can't uninstall or reinstall

I have V3 Free - was asked if I wanted to upgrade to latest free version and since the V3 I have would show up as partial (best way I can describe it) I tried to uninstall - wouldn't uninstall - tried to reinstall - kept getting error 5.
                        What next?

Comment

Hi roger
                          Have you read the whole post?
                          Also the part that asks you to exit the automatic functions that may run in the systemtray.
                          Try revo uninstaller.
                          Cheers
                          solbjerg

Originally posted by Roger1322 View Post
                          I have V3 Free - was asked if I wanted to upgrade to latest free version and since the V3 I have would show up as partial (best way I can describe it) I tried to uninstall - wouldn't uninstall - tried to reinstall - kept getting error 5.
                          What next?
                          太阳山 (solbjerg)

Comment

Cannnot open ASC Free

Hi,
                            I had a pro version of ASC and ir worked fine. but I had a major problem with my machine and ended up doing a factory reinstall.
                            I bought Comodo internet security and installed.
                            I downloaded ASC free and it refused to open. I did a complete unistall, and downloaded again.
                            When I clicked on the shortcut I get a Vista small circle and then nothing happens.
                            I am running vista home without SP1
                            any advice as what to do next?

Comment

Hi jcrp
                              I think there was a false positive from comodo, it is not one of the best applications I am sorry to say.
                              Cheers
                              solbjerg

Originally posted by jcrp View Post
                              Hi,
                              I had a pro version of ASC and ir worked fine. but I had a major problem with my machine and ended up doing a factory reinstall.
                              I bought Comodo internet security and installed.
                              I downloaded ASC free and it refused to open. I did a complete unistall, and downloaded again.
                              When I clicked on the shortcut I get a Vista small circle and then nothing happens.
                              I am running vista home without SP1
                              any advice as what to do next?
                              太阳山 (solbjerg)

Comment

Working...
                              X