IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Install – Uninstall - Reinstall – Upgrade to newer version

solbjerg

Install – Uninstall - Reinstall – Upgrade to newer version

Install:

An install from a downloaded file always starts with a download.

The best way today (if not always) - given the security measures that came in with SP2 - is to download the file to a folder in (on) your computer.

Scan the folder for virus with your antivirus application.

Right click on the install file and choose (Properties)

Remove the blocking from the file.

Then click on the .exe file and Install it.

After the install - check the configurations and settings in the programs and in the add-ins and choose those you need or want.

Then run it – AND check ALL Details under each post - before running the repair! Set it as you think you need or want.

Remember that you can use the Ignore list to keep items you do not want to clean out!

If you do it like that, there should be minimal chance of something going wrong.

Uninstall:

If you encounter problems you can't solve, it is often a good idea to uninstall the program and install it again.

The way to do that with the least chance of something going wrong is to – uninstall – and then remove the AWC folder – after that I recommend that you clean up your registry with another application (for example CCleaner) - then install the newest AWC download version from step one.

Reinstall / Upgrade to newer version:

If you do not have any problems with your AWC it should be sufficient to download a newer version and install it without removing the previous one.

(It's done automatically by the Install program)

That way all your settings will continue as before.

If you have problems follow the Uninstall procedure

As detailer supplemented: Make sure that no application in the program or the program itself is running in the background, when upgrading or installing/uninstalling.

To make as few mistakes as possible, I think it is the most prudent course of action to leave the automatic functions unchecked, until one has familiarized oneself with the functioning of the program and have configured the details and placed ones preferences in the ignore list.

After that feel free to use the automatic functions, - but remember to deactivate them before upgrading or reinstalling a program.

Ccleaner can be found here: http://www.ccleaner.com/

it's not the only one around, but it is nice and can be downloaded for free

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the post. Although I wouldn't consider myself an expert, I am pretty savvy. I've been getting " stuff" to work for many years. I actually did remove the sw and re-d/l it and got the same result. I'll try to "redo" it one more time just to be sure. I tried it on a completely different computer at a different location and got it to at least start the defrag but it too ended up hanging.

Thanks

Running XP SP2 and IE7

It seems that IObit Guy and the SD team have released a new version of SD that helps out with the crashes and hang-ups. You can get it here http://www.iobit.com/files/smartdefrag2.exe

Also,

Anyone that uses CCleaner should make sure to uncheck the box that clears the prefetch folder in the cleanup operation of CCleaner. There is no need to clear your prefetch folder EVER- the folder will automatically clean itself up and purge old/unused entries when necessary or when the limit is reached. I'm pretty sure that the makers of CCleaner have already disabled this option by default for this reason.

• 1 year later...

PRO Version Upgrade wont accept License

Am having trouble with version upgrade from Professional 3.01 to 3.1.1. finally got it downloaded with FREE, but wont accept the license. I have 156 days left on paid license, so should be able to load it. But says I need to buy it. Any suggestions?

Like to recommend better process for downloading version and other upgrades. To be continually sent to the CNET with no mention of version, load free version, then enter seems cumbersome. Thanks, appreciate any help at all.

Hi cjbranen

Take a look in post #2 in this post: http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=1761

Cheers

solbjerg

Am having trouble with version upgrade from Professional 3.01 to 3.1.1. finally got it downloaded with FREE, but wont accept the license. I have 156 days left on paid license, so should be able to load it. But says I need to buy it. Any suggestions?

Like to recommend better process for downloading version and other upgrades. To be continually sent to the CNET with no mention of version, load free version, then enter seems cumbersome. Thanks, appreciate any help at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Before i upgrade (if this is an upgrade) from ASC Free ver.3.1.1 to ASC Pro ver.3.1.2 is there anything i should know?

Will I have to unistall first?

Pros\Cons?

Will my settings be lost?

And how does the TrialPay Work?

Can someone please explain what i will have to trial?

Thanks

Hi Matt

Upgrade? In many ways yes, but you loose a couple of the extras, so it depends whether you see that as good or a bad thing :-)

Pro versus con

Pro's - you will be sure that you have a clean program with the least chance that something will be wrong if you do a clean install, - but if you haven't experienced trouble with the previous, it should be OK to install over the top as we say.

Con's - you will have to configure it all again (usually) especially the details under "Problems" before running a repair. Pay most attention to System Optimize!!

As for Trialpay - take a look here: http://www.iobit.com/IObit_Holiday_Newsletter/iobit_Christmas.html

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi,

Before i upgrade (if this is an upgrade) from ASC Free ver.3.1.1 to ASC Pro ver.3.1.2 is there anything i should know?

Will I have to unistall first?

Pros\Cons?

Will my settings be lost?

And how does the TrialPay Work?

Can someone please explain what i will have to trial?

Thanks

Ok thanks solbjerg

Might give it a miss, i live in Europe and ive never heard of those shops before, plus this scared me;

General

You can edit your TrialPay Account Information at any time. We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the TrialPay service, such as service announcements and administrative messages that are considered part of your TrialPay account, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.

Is there a link to downloading it without the trialpay feature?

Can't uninstall or reinstall

I have V3 Free - was asked if I wanted to upgrade to latest free version and since the V3 I have would show up as partial (best way I can describe it) I tried to uninstall - wouldn't uninstall - tried to reinstall - kept getting error 5.

What next?

Hi roger

Have you read the whole post?

Also the part that asks you to exit the automatic functions that may run in the systemtray.

Try revo uninstaller.

Cheers

solbjerg

I have V3 Free - was asked if I wanted to upgrade to latest free version and since the V3 I have would show up as partial (best way I can describe it) I tried to uninstall - wouldn't uninstall - tried to reinstall - kept getting error 5.

What next?

• 1 month later...

Cannnot open ASC Free

Hi,

I had a pro version of ASC and ir worked fine. but I had a major problem with my machine and ended up doing a factory reinstall.

I bought Comodo internet security and installed.

I downloaded ASC free and it refused to open. I did a complete unistall, and downloaded again.

When I clicked on the shortcut I get a Vista small circle and then nothing happens.

I am running vista home without SP1

any advice as what to do next?

Hi jcrp

I think there was a false positive from comodo, it is not one of the best applications I am sorry to say.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi,

I had a pro version of ASC and ir worked fine. but I had a major problem with my machine and ended up doing a factory reinstall.

I bought Comodo internet security and installed.

I downloaded ASC free and it refused to open. I did a complete unistall, and downloaded again.

When I clicked on the shortcut I get a Vista small circle and then nothing happens.

I am running vista home without SP1

any advice as what to do next?

Thank You Solbjerg

I have since made ASC a trusted app, so do you think I should delete and reinstall, actually I might have to take comodo all the way off to install SP1, the last time i had to completely remove my antivirus for SP1 to work and install.

I do not have a lot of expreience with antivirus and firewalls.

any help is really appreciated since I really like ASC.

Hi jcrp

Check out vman's thread (it's very comprehensive)

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=1650

there is a lot of fine applications mentioned there and some discussion.

Cheers

solbjerg

Thank You Solbjerg

I have since made ASC a trusted app, so do you think I should delete and reinstall, actually I might have to take comodo all the way off to install SP1, the last time i had to completely remove my antivirus for SP1 to work and install.

I do not have a lot of expreience with antivirus and firewalls.

any help is really appreciated since I really like ASC.

• 2 months later...

How do I uninstall Advanced System Care3?

I have the free version of Advanced SystemCare3. After the last update, it appeared to be corrupted, the images and buttons appear doubled, the upgrade button is gone and the words are so faded as to make it impossible to use. Therefore I want to uninstall and reinstall.

But when I try to delete the program folder, I get the message that I don't have permission to do so.

Please, how can I remove these files so that I can install another copy of Advanced SystemCare3 from your site?

Thank you.

Unable to unintsall ASC3

Correction, I meant this for Detailer...

---------------

Hi Solbjerg,

I need to uninstall and reinstall Advanced Sytems Care3. I have a Vista and administrative rights to my lap top. And yet, when I try to delet the ASC3 folder, I get a message that I don't have administrative rights. Can you help,

Hi Nancy

detailer isn't present at the moment it seems, but in the meantime try reading this post http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?p=11513#post11513

:-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Correction, I meant this for Detailer...

---------------

Hi Solbjerg,

I need to uninstall and reinstall Advanced Sytems Care3. I have a Vista and administrative rights to my lap top. And yet, when I try to delet the ASC3 folder, I get a message that I don't have administrative rights. Can you help,

can't uninstall

I installed the free addition of Advanced SystemCare 3 a month ago. I have been receiving prompts to update to the new version.

But when downloaded, the new version does not install -- it always hangs up with:

An error occurred while trying to overwrite the existing file vcl70.bpl

Deletefile failed; code 5

I have tried to delete the program and make a clean install.

But I can't: the program does not come up in the Windows (XP) Control Panel add/delete program menu. And in then program listing, Advanced SystemCare does not have an uninstall option.

So how do I proceed?

Thank you.

Hi fu-That first error code(5) was probably because some portion of ASC was running when you attempted the update-fx. Smart Ram or Auto-Clean.Since you can't find it in add/remove,go find it where it lives-Locate the IObit folder,presumably C:/Program Files/IObit-then open the ASC folder-delete all of it's contents,and then the folder itself.If you still have the .exe or set-up file,delete that as well.Now perform a Windows Search for Advanced System Care,insuring that you've included all areas such as hidden files and folders etc.Delete anything found there.Next part is optional but recommended.Download and install Reg Seeker from here.Use the "find in registry" function located at top left.First check the "files" box to search for,you guessed it,leftover files.Delete any found.Next,run that search again with the files box unchecked and All of the boxes pertaining to registry types checked.Delete any found items after that scan as well.Reg Seeker has a back-up by default,but I recommend you create your own system restore point before using RS.If all goes well,proceed here for a fresh download and install it.Best of luck,and check back either way.