IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Post your suggestion, bug report here

Tim Xue

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of suggestions!

1- Automatically make backups of all changes made. This should be different from Windows restore points (which I often delete), app specific and divided in the different modules to allow better control in case of a rollback (like TuneUp Rescue Center utility).

2- Option to autorun the memory cleaner at startup and keep it monitoring the available memory in the systray.

3- Display the specific icons for each app in the Software Uninstaller app (much like the Windows built in function).

4- Ability to hide/show the system updates in the Software Uninstaller app (maybe with a checkbox... again like the Windows built in function).

5- Change the way the startup manager works. I noticed that it only scans for startup entries the first time (and it takes a lot compared to Mike Lin's Startup.cpl 2.8 ). Recheck startup entries on user prompt (refresh).

6- Individual startup manager exe... Maybe it would make the loading faster...

7- Make the startup manager able to create new startup entries.

8- Custom wizard for optimizing internet settings based on the used connection (this is what I love in TuneUp Utilities! I know it's only a trial but I only need to do it once per clean system install).

9- Custom wizard for optimizing computer performance/look and the relation of both based on the computer use or user taste (ditto).

10- The memory cleaner taskbar icon could be very small realtime monitors for ram and cpu (two small bars of different colors maybe with numbers over if it's not too cluttered).

11- Maybe some new tools:

a) Advanced and intuitive Windows settings editor (something more powerfull than the Powertoy TweakUI 2.1 and more intuitive than FreshUI).

b) Right click menu editor/cleaner (maybe built into point a). Some apps leave stuff behind after uninstall.

c) "Open with..." menu editor (maybe built into point a). Apps leave stuff behind after uninstall, double entries of apps...

d) Show/hide/delete the icons that show in the cpl (like TweakUI 2.1... maybe built into point a).

e) Icon cache reload/rebuild to correct display of wrong icons (like TweakUI 2.1).

f) Advanced autorun handler editor (something more powerfull than the Powertoy TweakUI 2.1... like Autoplay Repair 2.1).

g) Registry defrag tool (something in the line of NTREGOPT... the ERUNT functions are also sweet...).

h) Cleartype tuner

I'm a sucker for system app suites... I think these would be a major boost for AWC. What do you think?

Hope it also becomes lighter on the system... My P4 at 2.8 with 512 MB of RAM lags a lot while this program runs...

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/720/awcad4.th.png

• Like 1

could administrator run AWC on limited user account?

1.We have 2 administrator and 1 limited user account on xp. As the program is now, there is no way to run AWC on the limited user account.Is there a way it could be set up so the adminitrator could run AWC on the limited user account?

2. If AWC is run on administrator account, is the spyware defense still active when running a limited user account?

• 2 weeks later...

problem after upgrade

We are running XP and upgraded from AWC personal to Pro. We have two administrator accounts on the computer. AWC personal worked fine on both admin. accounts. With the upgrade, it runs fine on one user, but on the other user account there are some problems. The "Liscenced To" still reads"trial" and the "Details" window that shows Operating system, Processor Info, ect. all read "Unknown". If you click the "Details" button it shows "Exception EStringList Error in module AWC Info. dll at 0000E7F1. Attatched is only thing in bug reporting. Any fixes?

errorlog_120.zip

cannot disable auto update

Running AWC Pro 2.3.0.738 on Windows 2000 with dial-up connection. After booting up, the program wants to connect to internet (to update?).

I would rather update manually with dial-up connection, so I un-ticked the auto update fucntions in settings. After re-booting the connection window for auto update still pops up, yet the program shows it is disabled. Any fix for this?

Re: cannot disable auto update

Running AWC Pro 2.3.0.738 on Windows 2000 with dial-up connection. After booting up, the program wants to connect to internet (to update?).

I would rather update manually with dial-up connection, so I un-ticked the auto update fucntions in settings. After re-booting the connection window for auto update still pops up, yet the program shows it is disabled. Any fix for this?

You're not the only one with this problem. I'm having the same problem under XP, and have been working with IOBIT through email.

Oh man! No feedback on my suggestions... Here are some more

AWC general:

Option to remove splash screen (guess you'd have to make AWC load a lot faster since it takes soooo long...).

Button to make AWC do a new scan without repairaing the problems detected in a previous scan or exit AWC.

Startup Manager:

Advanced manager for advanced users (pretty much the Sysinternals autoruns... This baby allowed me to find missing files entries and solve a problem that made explorer.exe crash every time I opened a folder! Sometimes we need advanced control).

MemCleaner:

Minimize to the taskbar on demand.

Do not allow more than one instance (show the window of the running instance if MemCleaner is prompted several times).

Add-Ons:

The sorting in the process manager has problems in the "Visible" and "Class Name" categories.

The sorting of the Windows Services doesn't work right (try to sort it alphabetically starting in A...).

There is no sorting of TCP/UDP...

Smart sorting when the values are number (consider the whole number, not just the first digit... 9 should come before 10 and so on...).

A process/task manager similar to DTaskManager or Sysinternals Process Explorer (to see everything that an app is using and not just the exe... To kill processes that just refuse to terminate).

Error on IDE Canal ...

Hi!

I suggest to you to add a check for the error refers by Microsoft on the kb: 817472....

Windows set Ide Canal to PIO after some CRC error or timeout...

Performance drop on affected computer ... When I found error, the transfert rate on a 80 gigs portable harddisk drop to 1 megs/sec (max and average rate)... After correcting error, the average transfert rate raise to 7 megs/sec, and maximum transfert rate to 35 megs/sec....

Thanks....

• 3 weeks later...

Ignore list bug

I'am Your Advanced WindowsCare V2 Personal, V.2.3.0.726, a very good program.

After a registry scan, I cannot add to Ignore list some registry key, a brace for any program:

1) One is my CAD program:

--->the first is:

a) registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER:

Software\Ditek\DynaCADD\4.0\Panels

b) registry value:

c) registry data:

C:\PROGRAMMI\DITEK\DYNACADD\PANELS\ENGLISH\SYSTEM\S800\TOP

--->the other have the same registry value and registry data, with, in the registry key:

HKEY_USER: Software\Ditek.......

2) One is Microsoft Desktop Search:

--->the first is:

a) registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER:

Software\Microsoft\RSSearch\Gather\RSApp\MyIndex

b) registry value:

DocIdMapFile

c) registry data:

C:\Documents and Setting\Carmelo\Impostazioni locali\Dati applicazioni\Microsoft\Desktop Search\Applications\RsApp\Projects\MyIndex\MyIndex.ldm.gthr

--->the other have the same registry value and registry data, with, in the registry key:

HKEY_USER: some number before Software\Microsoft.......

If I click in the "Ignore list" button, I not see these 4 row of ignored registry key.

The problem is:

a) if I not deselect these row of the grid, I must re-install the programs (not working).

b) restarting Your program, these registry key are not ignored, then I must: 1) re-add to ignore-list or 2) de-select.

Can You solve this bug?

Regards,

Carmelo Viavattene

ITALY

• 1 month later...

MemCleaner

I like MemCleaner. It appears to do a good job, but ...

- It would be great to have MemCleaner minimize to the system tray without leaving it in the task bar. I have tried three different programs that minimize programs to the system tray versus the task bar. All three programs will minimize MemCleaner to the system tray, but they do not remove it from the task bar.

- Also, I do not see where the memory optimization (cleaning) is specified. When does MemCleaner automatically clean the memory (at a percentage of usage ... if so what)? Will you offer the ability to select the memory cleaning parameters such as ... at <33% of memory available, automatically clean, etc.?

Thanks

bgaughr,

-MemCleaner minimize to system tray

If IObit does not put this function, I suggest you to use "Power Menu Version 1.5.1" (http://www.veridicus.com/tummy/programming/powermenu). Although it does not work for AWC because of the skin, it does work for MemCleaner and most of the all other Windows' windows and you will get more than minimization.

• 3 weeks later...