IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

My computer has NO sounds after installing Driver Booster 2

evr

It always seems like updating drivers is a good idea, but it always screws up my computer. This time, I have NO sound. None. Help! I don't understand why we are offered products that make things worse, not better. Thanks!

Hi evr

Welcome to the forum.

Updating drivers is only a good idea if there is an issue with the old driver. You must realise this by now, if you have issues everytime you update your drivers.

You are not offered products that make things worse. You are offered products that can make things easier if you know what you are doing.

Before downloading a product and using it....try doing a little research first on the product, such as reading the articles/posts in the forum. If you do decide to download a product,,,try reading the user manual before running the product.

The product does not force you to use it.....you make that decision.

To fix your problem, simply use the Driver Rollback function in Driver Booster. This will revert the audio driver back to the old driver which worked.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi evr

Welcome to the forum.

Updating drivers is only a good idea if there is an issue with the old driver. You must realise this by now, if you have issues everytime you update your drivers.

You are not offered products that make things worse. You are offered products that can make things easier if you know what you are doing.

Before downloading a product and using it....try doing a little research first on the product, such as reading the articles/posts in the forum. If you do decide to download a product,,,try reading the user manual before running the product.

The product does not force you to use it.....you make that decision.

To fix your problem, simply use the Driver Rollback function in Driver Booster. This will revert the audio driver back to the old driver which worked.

I have this exact same problem, but unfortunately I uninstalled Driver Booster 2 before I noticed that my sound does not work. I also ran ccleaner and deleted all the files that Driver Booster 2 left over. Is there anyway to get the old driver back or am I just stuck now with a driver that doesn't work? :(

Hi orose, welcome to IObit Forum!:-)

If you can give us details of your hardware (Preferably in your Public Profile), someone may be able to help you.

Generally speaking, uninstalling the driver using Device Manager and then restarting the PC, Windows may find the right driver for you.

Before uninstalling the driver, try to Rollback if it is not greyed out.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have some of the same problem, iv'e never had any problems with my sound before i downloaded "driver booster 2".

I updated my drivers, using Driver Booster 2. Now i have no sound, i have tried to use the driver rollback function, doesnt work, iv'e tried to do the same with my entire system, back to before i updated the drivers, then i get a message that a antivirus program is blocking it or something. I'm sorry, my skills in English (and computers) are not good.

Anyways, i make music, so my ASIO4ALL sound driver are working like a charm, but i can't use this driver outside my music program. I have the realtek high def audio driver, wich also was updated.

What can i do? please i really need sound

Hi Gauteda

Welcome to the Forum.

In order to assist you, please explain what you mean when you say "then i get a message that a antivirus program is blocking it"......is the Antivirus blocking the System Restore function or blocking a specific file......the exact error message would be helpful, as saying "or something" does not help us to assist you.

Hi, Thank you!

The message sais: The reboot could not open a file (does not say wich file), due to your antivirus program is running. Try to temporary deaktivate your antivirus program, and try again.

I dont believe i have an antivirus program.

Does this happen when you try to do a restore to a previous date...or is it when you are doing an ordinary boot.

Did you try booting in safe mode. If you are sure you do not have an antivirus but you are getting an antivirus message, then you may have a virus.

You should install an antivirus program, and an antimalware program. Did you run the ASC Malware Removal scan??

Yes it worked.

Well, i havn't checked my boot problem.

Du you have any sudgestions for good antivirus/antimalware programs?

If your pc is booting without issue, then you do not have a boot problem.

Iobits Malware Fighter (IMF) is a highly recommended Anti-Malware program. You can download it by either going to the News & Updates section of the Forum to get the link for the latest version. Or go directly to the Iobit Products menu by using the Download Iobit Products link at the top of every Forum page.

Iobit does not have a standalone Antivirus. It's Antivirus Program is incorporated in ASC Ultimate (ASCU). This however is a pro program and is not Free.

A good free Anti-virus Program is AVG. You can get this by googling AVG and going to the AVG site.

• 5 months later...

so for the people who do not have the roll back option there is nothing we can do appart from having a soundless pc? are you being serious?

i have the same problem but after uninstalling all sound drivers, which meant they re installed themselves i still have no sound on my pc, so what do i do now?

Hi lio

Welcome to the Forum.

No one said that there is nothing you can do if you do not have the rollback option. However, I must ask why you do not have the rollback option?

Additionally, if you had read the other posts in the Driver Booster section, you would have seen the recommendation to try a system restore to a time before the issue occurred, if you did not have the rollback option available.

Uninstalling the drivers did not help because these same incompatible drivers were reinstalled.

If you cannot do a system restore, and if you have the original system discs, you could load the original drivers.

If all the above fail, you will have to go to the site of either your pc manufacturer or Audio Card manufacturer and try to locate previous version of the audio driver(s) compatible to your system.

so for the people who do not have the roll back option there is nothing we can do appart from having a soundless pc? are you being serious?

i have the same problem but after uninstalling all sound drivers, which meant they re installed themselves i still have no sound on my pc, so what do i do now?

@lio.

Do you mean this problem is caused by Driver Booster? Please download http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/DBInfoHelper.exe, >> double click to run this tool >> click “Save report to Desktop” >> find db_info_xxx_i.zip on your desktop >> send us the zip file to dbfeedback@iobit.com with your post link.

Archived