IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Windows won't start up after update + have to system restore

shocks

Every time the drivers are updated and windows restarts windows 7 will not start up past the boot screen. it starts up says windows then just stops

it asks to system restore every time, luckily the system restore worked and i haven't lost any files but i am very weary of using the software again

even though i really need to.

help would be appreciated on this matter as soon as possible.

Every time the drivers are updated and windows restarts windows 7 will not start up past the boot screen. it starts up says windows then just stops

it asks to system restore every time, luckily the system restore worked and i haven't lost any files but i am very weary of using the software again

even though i really need to.

help would be appreciated on this matter as soon as possible.

Issue was fixed by running ASC full scan.

Hi shocks,

Could you please help us look into this issue with the following steps?

1. Run Driver Booster again and scan. This time please do not update the drivers in case that the same problem happens again.

2. D

ownload

http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/DBInfoHelper-new.exe

, >> double click to run this tool >> click “Save report to Desktop” >> find db_info_xxx_i.zip on your desktop >> send us the zip file to

dbfeedback@iobit.com

with your post link.

Thanks for your patience. Looking forward to your reply.

So does this mean that ASC and Driver Booster might have a conflict? 1.gif

No ASC fixed the startup issue, and windows was able to start up normally. What i did find that after the updates my computer not only ran extremely slowly but

my frame rate in games dropped down to unplayable rates as well as my internet connection being much slower as i had 1 less bar on my wireless network adapter.

I then installed my graphics card driver manually and had the same issue with framerate.

I have a HP pavilion G series with HD graphics which really doesn't cut it but the updated drivers for this laptop model either way seem to cause more problems then they fix.

I've now done a system restore again and all my drivers are back out of date, i don't like it but i prefer my laptop to run smoothly then run like crap with updated drivers which

makes no sense to me why my computer is better off like this.

@Cicely

i'll do that now for you, but it may just be this model of laptop, its been an unpleasant time using a HP laptop, i always went with a dell but because of money i got this and its been such a waste.

Hi shocks,

Could you please help us look into this issue with the following steps?

1. Run Driver Booster again and scan. This time please do not update the drivers in case that the same problem happens again.

2. D

ownload

http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/DBInfoHelper-new.exe

, >> double click to run this tool >> click “Save report to Desktop” >> find db_info_xxx_i.zip on your desktop >> send us the zip file to

dbfeedback@iobit.com

with your post link.

Thanks for your patience. Looking forward to your reply.

I have sent the email with the subject "for the attention of Cicely".

shocks

There is nothing wrong with your laptop. It is a simple case of the latest drivers or one single driver not being suitable for your hardware/software configuration. This is a fairly common occurrence. Driver updates are not like program updates or security updates.

I strongly recommend that you do not update drivers unless you have an actual driver problem, or unless the manufacturer recommends an update. If you do insist on updating your drivers, then you should do so one at a time, rather than all at once. This will enable you to identify if a particular updated driver is causing an issue.

You should also do some research on driver updating in order to have a better understanding of the issue.

I understand that but in general this laptop as well as my other hp laptop have been nothing but trouble. updating the graphics driver seems to always cause a problem, as a result im not able to get the most out of it. hp don't know a fix either, i was hoping by now these issues would be sorted and i could update but after a year the driver update still causes the same issues they did back then.

Java and the rest i can update but the graphics card needs the update to work properly with new games i've played but the update just makes it worse. complete consumer let down but thank you for the help i appreciate it. ASC is one of my favorite programs and could i make a recommendation for it?

If you can include something like wiztree for freeing up space, and something like AVG anti spyware or Advanced task manager, it would really complete the software. wiztree lets you see where all your drives space is being allocated so its easier to free up space. and Advanced Task Manager for someone like me is essential for keeping your computer safe, and lastly something like sandboxie, so your able to run programs in a safe virtual box, but maybe add something like the linux version has that lets you see what the program does, what files it writes to or any copies it makes of its self ect. it would be the cherry on the top.

@shocks

Sometimes looking for a driver update from the pc manufacturer is not the way to go. Did you try getting an updated driver from the Graphics card manufacturer or even go to the microsoft site and see if they have a driver update for your graphics driver. This process has worked for me in the past.

• 4 months later...

Hi - ran Driver booster 2.2 on my Dell Laptop running windows 7. it called for reboot and now windows won't start. try system restore and that's giving me errors and saying i need to disable my antivirus program (Avast). i'm dead in water. any help??? please? can i run that ASC scan from command prompt? if that would help, how do i do it?

Hi rockerton

Welcome to the Forum.

Did you try starting in Safe Mode. You can then disable Avast as requested. If you cannot do a system restore, you should do a driver roll back to restore your drivers to the originals.

Archived