IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Driver Booster frustration

nesoor

I am really satisfied with Advanced System Care Ultimate and Smart Defrag Pro but Driver Booster 2 is one of the worst driver softwares I've ever installed on my computer.

It disables the Internet and stops the driver installation at 99%. It's trying to install a driver that probably won't work.

The software won't give up after and hour or two it will try until you close the software but that's not all. The internet is turned off by the software so I thought I will turn it on again manually in the Control Panel but also this does not work. So what most of time does work is restating the computer, but also that fails after using Driver Booster.

A hard reset will work fine but never turn on Driver booster again because its just a loop in a never-ending driver installation.

Very frustrating.

Hi Nesoor,

Sorry for the troubles. Please run Driver Booster and scan again, but not update any drivers.

Then download http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/DBInfoHelper.exe, >> double click to run this tool >> click “Save report to Desktop” >> find db_info_xxx_i.zip on your desktop >> send us the zip file to dbfeedback@iobit.com with your post link.

We will check it asap. Thanks a lot.

Hi Nesoor, there must be an explanation why that's happening on your case since it's not happening to everybody else. Have you sent the zip file being asked yet? 1.gif

fuzzler

There is an explanation, and it has been given many times. Not all driver updates are compatible with all systems. Nesoor obviously got an updated driver which does not work on his system.

As for your comment that it has not happened to everybody else, if you look through the forum you will find that it has happened to many users.

• 2 months later...

Sorry for the late response.

I sent the zip file to the iobit support and they sent me a new file that I had to install.

Unfortunately this file they sent me could not be installed so I wrote an email again but I did not receive a response.

After that I gave up and uninstalled Driver Booster.

Thanks for the replies!

Sorry for the late response.

I sent the zip file to the iobit support and they sent me a new file that I had to install.

Unfortunately this file they sent me could not be installed so I wrote an email again but I did not receive a response.

After that I gave up and uninstalled Driver Booster.

Thanks for the replies!

Hi @nessoor,

Could you please PM your email to me so our support can check this case again? Normally, we won't ignore users' emails. Thank you.

Archived