IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Norton detecting Driver Booster as malware [SOLVED by Norton & IObit]

As of the past few days, Norton Security products are detecting IObit's Driver Booster as a Security Risk - as "low risk" malware. Are the guys at IObit aware of this? Even the paid 'Pro' version of Driver Booster has been detected as malware on all my systems where Driver Booster is installed. Perhaps someone needs to negotiate with Symantec on this? I don't understand - I also think AVAST Internet Security has detected IObit's Advanced SystemCare as malware, too - or at least, as a 'PUP' (Potentially Unwanted Program). This is strange.

@sauberlime

We have been contacting Symantec/Norton recently and according to their response, we have removed promotion, IObit products recommendation, etc. from Driver Booster. Now the new Driver Booster is 100% clean but it is still reported and deleted by Norton.

Please follow the steps below to temporarily fix this problem:

1. Install the newest Driver Booster from http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/driver_booster_setup.exe

2. Scan with your Norton programs and see if the report happens again. If yes, please set as below:

1. Start your Norton product.
  2. Click Settings.
  3. Depending on your Norton product, do one of the following:
    • For Norton 360 or Norton Security: Under Detailed Settings, click Antivirus. In the Settings window, click the Scans and Risks tab, and scroll down to Exclusions / Low Risks.
    • For Norton Internet Security or Norton AntiVirus: In the Computer tab, click AntiVirus and SONAR Exclusions.

[*]Do one of the following:

• In the Items to Exclude from Scans row, click Configure. In the Scan Exclusions window, click Add.
  • In the Items to Exclude from Auto-Protect, SONAR and Download Intelligence Detection row, click Configure. In the Real Time Exclusions window, click Add.

[*]Select Folders or Files from the drop-down list, or click Add Folders or Add Files.

[*]In the Add Item dialog box, click the browse icon and select the item that you want to exclude from the scan and click OK.

[*]In the Add Item dialog box, click OK.

[*]Click Apply and OK.

3. If you don't mind, please go to https://submit.symantec.com/false_positive/ and help us report it again.

The whole Driver Booster is working on it and we'd like to do whatever necessary to fix this problem and secure our users' benefit. Thank you so much for your wonderful support.

FWIW, I have had driver booster deleted three times now by Norton.

Having seen this post, I followed the link to download the latest version and Norton deleted the setup program before I even had the chance to run it.

I excluded my Driver Booster of my Norton Security'scan in order not to delete it, now my Driver Booster works well, the Norton Security has done the same with the IOBIT uninstaller, I also enclosed it from Norton Security (NS), this is my question whether this present NS's changed sitting( due to let function Driver Booster..) does not risk at the security of my PC in particular in connection with internet banking?

It can be excluded Norton Security, I did it, following these steps:

1- First I cleared the "Driver Booster"as detected software in "history" of the Norton Security.

2- I chose "allow"option in Firewall of the Norton Security in connection with the "Driver Booster".

3- Click Sitting -> Antivirus-> Scan and Risk

4- In Scan and Risk option, you must consider all three following parts of:

a) Item to Exclude Scan

b) Item to Exclude from Auto-Protect, SONAR and Download intelligence

c) Signatures to Exclude All Detection (you must have patient here to find "Driver Booster")

In all above parts you must use "Configure"option with "Add Folder"

and then I downloaded Driver Booster, now everything works well.

This is my question from the "IOBIT", if we exclude the Driver Booster and IOBIT installer from the Norton security scan, do the cyber criminals abuse it to make a false Driver Booster update to hijack the computer, pleas???

This is my question from the "IOBIT", if we exclude the Driver Booster and IOBIT installer from the Norton security scan, do the cyber criminals abuse it to make a false Driver Booster update to hijack the computer, pleas???

It is very unlikely that cyber criminals would check every and each PC in the world for the exclusions in the Antivirus programs.

If you are keeping the password of a gold mine, then you are vulnerable anyway. :))) (This is just a joke, don't take it seriously.)

To answer your question, it is possible but not probable! (Possibility extends to if you do not exclude it or any other program anyway.)

Cheers.

@enokype, Thanks for your comment.

Hi shahram,

It is impossible. Only the real Driver Booster can be recognized and excluded by Norton. The false Driver Booster can still be blocked by Norton. You can trust Norton :)

millions and millions of the PC are per year hijacked across the world, this is not a joke, the cyber criminals hijack the PC for their other goals; they consider all events and problems and those millions who are hijacked per year neither had "gold mines" nor any particular password, in particular the people have political problems in connection with dictatorial regimes.... are always targeted by their enemies, in addition to, here we are for serious answers and questions and not for making fun games and I do not think that there is here any place for the worthless comic actors

In addition to, I am over to lose my trust to the Norton Security(despite it has so far been so useful for me) to detect the Driver Booster and IOBIT uninstaller as PUA or malware without giving any reasonable grounds, meanwhile we are using the above iobit products for years without having any problem, I have also told it to themselves, an internet company thinks over its monopoly-willing rather than security issue quality of the people is put into question, in particular by the people that have targeted by the cyber criminals for several times or are always subjected, monopoly-willing, profiting the people, corruption have been become main characters of financial companies, banks, corporations .......as today the globalized capital has imposed a world totalitarian Government on nations across the world and and nations, Governments, Parliaments....have lost their sense......

@enokype, Thanks for your comment.

in addition to, here we are for serious answers and questions and not for making fun games and I do not think that there is here any place for the worthless comic actors

@shahram,

I will not answer to an incondite person without any sense of humor, but if you try to insult anybody, specially Forum Leaders, in this forum again, I will ban you!

It is certain that there is no place for immorals here in this Forum.

@enoskype,

First of all , I am a polite man and I never insult anybody, I only answered your discourtesy , between humor and discourtesy is different (...,"If you are keeping the password of a gold mine, then you are vulnerable anyway"...) and if you are so dictator character to sensor people from this forum, you can do that, and so, it will not be a forum for IOBIT users but also will be a forum in connection with the interest of some persons or group.

in addition to I will directly complain to the IOBIT because an admin has not right to answer the problem of the IOBIT user(that have anxiety) with impolite joke and then threatens the user to ban from a forum, a forum is not property of the an admin but also a place where the iobit and its user are able to dialogue based on respect and civilization norms and not on impolite joke.

in addition to I will directly complain to the IOBIT because an admin has not right to answer the problem of the IOBIT user(that have anxiety) with impolite joke and then threatens the user to ban from a forum, a forum is not property of the an admin but also a place where the iobit and its user are able to dialogue based on respect and civilization norms and not on impolite joke.

shahram

Before passing judgements and or opinions regarding this Forum, I strongly suggest that you read the Forum Usage Guidelines.

Had you done this when you joined the Forum, you would not now be making unfounded and or uninformed statements.

It is simple common sense and courtesy to know the rules and requirements of any group you decide to join.

This is not the first forum in which I participate, but the admin of this forum behavior the members as a dictator rule along with impolite joke with people, the thing that is not seen in other forums, however, you did not tell me how I am able to cancel, delete my account in this forum; I did not succeed to do it by myself; I did not find any option in my account and profile.

Archived